Author Topic: (Answered) Damage 0* and NARC  (Read 2735 times)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
(Answered) Damage 0* and NARC
« on: 31 July 2015, 19:44:36 »
How you you stack the +1 damage effect (say, of a NARC) to a raw damage stat of 0*?

Is the 0* ignored and it's considered "upgraded" to a 1 by the +1, or do you roll normally and add +1 damage to the result? (potentially dealing 2 damage..)
« Last Edit: 03 August 2015, 13:46:58 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Damage 0* and NARC
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2015, 13:46:39 »
I'm not sure how you would get to that situation, but a 0* attack that resolves to 0 would add any bonus damage.  So a 0* that rolled and got 0 damage, would add 1 and be 1 total damage.
A straight 0 (not 0*) would not add any bonus damage.  We've tried to list 0's as -'s to be clear that a 0 damage rating is no attack at that range, but I'm sure we missed some.  You need at least a 0* to attack at that range, even if you've got something that adds damage at that range.  So if you have AC 2/2/0 and OVL wit OV1, you can't add the OV1 to an AC special attack that only uses AC damage values.  If it was AC2/2/0* with OVL and OV1, you could add OV1 to the AC damage at long range.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Damage 0* and NARC
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2015, 15:44:03 »
I'm not sure how you would get to that situation...

A search on the MUL says IF0* is on 116 mechs, and 36 combat vehicles.  So if any of them are in the same force with something with a NARC, it'll come up :)

But thanks for the answer, even if it's not what I expected. (I really wouldn't have thought IF0* could turn into two damage... )

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: (Answered) Damage 0* and NARC
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2015, 16:34:49 »
Right, I was thinking of LRM, SRM, forgot about IF.  Carry on :).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets