Author Topic: A Call to War: DCMS mooks and cronies  (Read 2185 times)

Knallogfall

• Sergeant
  • Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt.
    • Krigshammer - Miniatures web log.
A Call to War: DCMS mooks and cronies
« on: 03 September 2015, 14:18:21 »
Update: Due to a very poor reception for the plastic minis, the original line-up has been shelved for the time being. Instead I've opted to go for models representing the post-invasion era and leading up to the dark ages. If 3025-3039 ever becomes relevant I can look into the plastics again.

This is going for a very heavy samurai theme as this seemed to hold the greater appeal out of the options available, so I ordered in the Ha Otoko and Tessen from Ral Partha Europe. I already had a fair few of these laying around, and I've been longing to get started on the Akuma for quite some time. It and the Hatamoto-Suna are probably some of my favorite Kuritan designs.

Assault Lance
Hatamoto-Suna HTM-30S
Akuma AKU-2X
Grand Dragon DRG-5K
Grand Dragon DRG-5K

Light Battle Lance
Wight WGT-2LAW
Rokurokubi RK-4K
Rokurokubi RK-4K
Owens OW-1B

Fire Lance
Shiro SH-1V
Ha Otoko HKO-1C
Ha Otoko HKO-1C
Tessen TSN-C3

TOTAL 400 PV

I'm currently missing some minor odds and ends from every lance, but not enough to cause significant delays. The Akuma and Hatamoto provide brute force, with the Dragons as back-up. The Rokus are durable on paper and can act as flankers or a screening force while the Wight and Owens just kind of fill out the lance, the Owens in particular is required due to its designation as a scout. Finally, the Shiro and Ha Otokos chuck missiles down-range with the Tessen coming bundled with things like TAG and NARC. In theory it is sensible, though maybe not so much in practice.

So I've been looking to paint up a DCMS force for some time now, and thought this may as well be the push to churn out a basic force for Alpha Strike before supplementing with other models. These are just intended to rapidly make a force from the ground up and provide the initial bulk of numbers before introducing more units. They don't represent any particular unit, but will feature a typical red coloration similar to the Sword of Light.

There are a lot of duplicates here, courtesy of 2 intro sets and a mix of lance packs being the basis for these guys. They're arranged in whatever order makes more sense at the time, typically leading to the same or similar speed and range brackets. I basically crammed in as much stuff as possible at 400 points. They should all correspond to the lance types in the Alpha Strike Companion, and if not let me know.

Pursuit Lance
Jenner JR7-D BattleMech 4 20 35
Spider SDR-5K BattleMech 4 16 30

Support Lance
Blackjack BJ-2 BattleMech 4 32 45
Panther PNT-9R BattleMech 4 20 35

Battle Lance
Dragon DRG-1N BattleMech 4 30 60
Charger CGR-1A1 BattleMech 4 18 80

Cavalry Lance
Quickdraw QKD-5A BattleMech 4 29 60
Guillotine GLT-4L BattleMech 4 37 70

When starting out in September, I already had some Jenners and Panthers partially painted up, a few other 'mechs primed and ready to go, with only a handful to clean up.

Initial batch.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2015, 22:41:39 by Knallogfall »

Knallogfall

• Sergeant
  • Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt.
    • Krigshammer - Miniatures web log.
Re: A Call to War: DCMS mooks and cronies
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2015, 12:24:40 »
Alright, so the light lance is fully assembled, based and awaiting priming as soon as the weather permits. The assault lance is only missing a partially assembled Dragon and minor touch-ups. Still waiting for the Ha Otokos and Tessen to arrive in the mail, but the Shiro is primed already.

Toying with ideas for coloration, thinking a basecoat of purple and spraying over with a red gradient, followed by an orange highlight. Might look fancy.

Fowl Weather Friend

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2015, 12:43:17 »
Ooo, Rokorokubi's very nice! 

Looking forward to seeing how they look painted up.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2015, 21:02:06 »
The revised list looks promising, and more interesting to play than the first. The Tessen and Owens add a nice synergy to the rest of the Fire Lance when Alternate Munitions are in use. Looking forward to seeing the finished company.