Author Topic: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download  (Read 38126 times)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« on: 05 April 2016, 18:01:21 »
***Public Release - updated Nov. 23, 2016***

Faithful Acolytes:

ComStar Publishing has released an updated version of its seminal Technical Readout: 3025.  It covers the numerous developments in BattleMech production and technology that have occurred since it was first published, including the Raven, the first dedicated Electronic Warfare platform built since the fall of the Star League.  It is imperative you familiarize yourself with the latest military developments among both the Great and Minor Houses of the Inner Sphere during this unprecedented time of change.

Download it from Sarna.net here (Link at bottom of the page):  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

May Peace be Upon You,

Nicholas Cassnew
Precentor ROM

Sample Page:

« Last Edit: 23 November 2016, 10:12:15 by Sigil »

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Re: TRO: 3028 - Fan Produced Sourcebook - .pdf download
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2016, 18:11:27 »
Interesting, thanks
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2016, 20:55:59 »
Very slick, i like how you blended MWO's mechs images and HBS's art work into new book.  It's cool

Thanks!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2016, 20:57:37 »
 O0    This is awesome!

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2016, 23:16:39 »
>Squee!<  New Updated fan project!  Gimme!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

The Mad Hatter

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2016, 00:48:44 »
Incredible work, very well done!  Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, it's greatly appreciated.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2016, 02:23:32 »
This is bloody superb! This could easily pass as a proper TRO, hell i'd buy it!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2016, 02:51:30 »
I had a similar idea, but was being very lazy about actually getting it done. Very nice, thank you.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2016, 06:17:28 »
Just to be clear, this was presented to the Moderators first and, after checking with those above us, it was cleared. It's an excellent piece of work, very well done.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2016, 08:22:22 »
Just to be clear, this was presented to the Moderators first and, after checking with those above us, it was cleared. It's an excellent piece of work, very well done.

Thank you, Bosefius.  It was a pleasure to make and I'm thrilled to be able to share it with the community here on the official BattleTech forum.  As HBS releases more details and additional art, I will continue to update this TRO.  Eventually, I hope to include a smattering of combat vehicles in addition to the BattleMechs.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2016, 09:16:02 »
It's very smart
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2016, 07:57:23 »
It's... it's beautiful.

Incidentally, which ones were taken from MWO and which ones from HBS?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2016, 08:01:40 »
I don't think it matters, since the two games are going to share art.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2016, 08:14:22 »
I don't think it matters, since the two games are going to share art.

To oversimplify, the individual 'Mechs are all done by Alex Iglesias for PGI/MWO and alll of the full page art was done by HBS.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2016, 19:49:43 »
Really great work
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Doc Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • An inability to duck can be a painful liability.
« Reply #15 on: 10 April 2016, 16:05:38 »
Awesome Job! One note, your Battlemaster, although the rear firing lasers are mentioned in the readout, the weapons listing doesn't have them as rear. All are forward firing...
Just remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder...
Two greatest flaws of a battlemech:
1. The designer, who thinks he has created the ultimate machine.
2. The pilot, who believes the designer.

Doc Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • An inability to duck can be a painful liability.
« Reply #16 on: 10 April 2016, 16:07:00 »
BTW, I am printing this and using it in my Mechwarrior campaign! Thanks for such an awesome piece of work!
Just remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder...
Two greatest flaws of a battlemech:
1. The designer, who thinks he has created the ultimate machine.
2. The pilot, who believes the designer.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 10 April 2016, 18:23:09 »
Awesome Job! One note, your Battlemaster, although the rear firing lasers are mentioned in the readout, the weapons listing doesn't have them as rear. All are forward firing...

This is such an interesting point.  The PGI/MWO art does not incorporate rear facing weapons in their implementation of BT and it is almost a certainty HBS/BTG will not implement the rear firing arc either.  Therefore, I rather hastily made the decision to remove the (R) from the TRO since it didn't match the art but the rear firing weapons are clearly mentioned in the fluff for a 'Mechs originally equipped with them.  Yes, an imperfect solution to a difficult situation as technically, having only forward firing weapons on models such as the Archer and Dragon isn't canon, but then again, maybe it is depending on your perspective.  I also had many requests to incorporate the "Hero 'Mechs" from MWO but I dodged that bullet simply because almost all of them were not appropriate to the 3028 time period due to advanced technology and by the latest Randall Bills statement, MWO "Hero Mech" fluff is now considered canon and he has THE say on what's canon and what's not.  I'd love to hear more about this issues from the community here :)

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 15 April 2016, 07:32:59 »
Personally, I'm just happy that there's a publication out there with the stats for the Mechs from the original Battletech game for the 3025 era rather than the advanced tech Project Phoenix remakes. Finally! :)

I noticed there were some minor errors in the text - the Urbanmech entry refers to Earthwerks as Eatherwerks, the Cicada entry described the Von Luckner tank as weighing 100 tons (it's a 75 tonner according to TRO 3039) and the stat sheet lists the engine as a Pitban 320 although the stats are for a 280 - but that is small stuff. Kudos for the presentation as well as the extra fluff in the descriptions - details like the creation of TharHes from Defiance Industries in the Wolfhound entry really help to bring the universe to life. And the art is just amazing - it made both the Cicada and the Vindicator look badass, and that's something I thought was almost impossible.

So when are you putting out your next TRO? I really want to keep an eye out for it :)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 15 April 2016, 08:45:05 »
I noticed there were some minor errors in the text - the Urbanmech entry refers to Earthwerks as Eatherwerks, the Cicada entry described the Von Luckner tank as weighing 100 tons (it's a 75 tonner according to TRO 3039) and the stat sheet lists the engine as a Pitban 320 although the stats are for a 280 - but that is small stuff. Kudos for the presentation as well as the extra fluff in the descriptions - details like the creation of TharHes from Defiance Industries in the Wolfhound entry really help to bring the universe to life. And the art is just amazing - it made both the Cicada and the Vindicator look badass, and that's something I thought was almost impossible.

So when are you putting out your next TRO? I really want to keep an eye out for it :)

Thank you for your sharp eyes.  I've updated my master files so the next time I generate an update of this TRO the corrections will appear.  As for my next TRO, in all honesty I have no plans to work on another one.  That said, I will continue to update this one with additional BattleMechs as PGI releases new artwork.  I also expect to add a section of combat vehicles when HBS releases relevant artwork for their upcoming game. 

As for my current project, I am currently in the process of editing my BT fan fiction novellas.  You can find download them off of this thread:  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48822.0

In truth, this TRO, as well as my first attempt, TRO:2866, were simply extensions of my fiction work which is my first love.  The writing forced me to do such extensive research and create such detailed notes that eventually I just compiled them all and created my own reference work.  Besides, the original art is looking a bit long in the tooth, especially with the slick new versions released by Flyingdebris :)

Glad your enjoying it!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #20 on: 15 April 2016, 16:10:31 »
Personally, I'm just happy that there's a publication out there with the stats for the Mechs from the original Battletech game for the 3025 era rather than the advanced tech Project Phoenix remakes. Finally!

Technical Readout 3039 is still in print.

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 15 April 2016, 16:17:59 »
Technical Readout 3039 is still in print.

Yeah, but it doesn't have stats for the Sting, Locust, Wasp, Shadow Hawk, Warhammer or the other iconic Mechs which first appeared in the original Battletech game.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 15 April 2016, 16:25:06 »
Yeah, but it doesn't have stats for the Sting, Locust, Wasp, Shadow Hawk, Warhammer or the other iconic Mechs which first appeared in the original Battletech game.

It does.
It only has silhouettes for art, but stats and history are there.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2016, 09:43:20 »
Minor updates to the .pdf this morning.

1. Added the CP-10-Z Cyclops
2. Updated the art for the JM6-S JagerMech
3. Added bookmarks for ease of navigation

You may download the full pdf here: https://wlu.box.com/s/cl1sj07p0eccuozxg6ow4svr1kg6dhvx

Below you will the find the preliminary layout for the upcoming vehicle section. Suggestions and comments are welcome as always.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2016, 01:54:51 »
Tagged.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2016, 16:24:55 »
Win a free bound color copy of the TRO: 3028 by heading over to HBS' battletechgame.com.  I'm hosting a little short story contest there and I know this board hosts a plethora of talented writers!

Details are available here:  https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/2678

Contest ends Saturday, July 9.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #26 on: 12 June 2016, 17:06:29 »
Do we have submit on that web site, or can we send it to you here?  I try to limit the number of online accounts I have to keep track of.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2016, 19:59:05 »
Do we have submit on that web site, or can we send it to you here?  I try to limit the number of online accounts I have to keep track of.

You can post it here but for reference I will repost it on the HBS forum as well since that is where the "voting" takes places :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 13 June 2016, 02:54:56 »
Rog, thanks!  Now to see if I can find inspiration and time between now and July 9th...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #29 on: 14 June 2016, 20:00:08 »
Something I just noticed... you only listed the base configurations on the other site, but the canon variants are in the TRO.  The variants are allowed, right?

Register