Author Topic: Conversions-Warhammer 40k  (Read 73403 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Conversions-Warhammer 40k
« Reply #90 on: 06 December 2016, 09:08:15 »
I suddenly have a desire to get my hands on some Epic Warhammer 40K mini's.

Wonder what happened with those, or where you'd get them now?

Ebay. You used to be able to order them from Games Workshop, but they discontinued the line, and the minis sold out fast.

I guess it's still popular. I only managed to get a couple titans and a bunch of Orks and IG. However, I missed out on IG tanks, and ork commanders.

I had hoped for just a tactical squad of marines for comparison, but, no such luck, yet.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Imperial Guard Infantry Formations
« Reply #91 on: 10 December 2016, 04:38:09 »
Imperial Guard Infantry Formations

The Standard Squad:
The Basic unit comprising the majority of the vast numbers of the Imperium's Imperial Guard.

Code: [Select]
Type: Foot
Weight: 1 Ton
BV: 32
Cost: $693,082.31 C-bills 

Movement: 1 
Troopers: 10 
Armor: Flak Standard
Divisor: 1 

Primary Weapon: Laser Rifle (Ebony Assault Rifle)
Secondary Weapon: Grenade Launcher Automatic
Damage per trooper: 1=0, 2-4=1, 5-8=2, 9-10=3
Base Range: 2

Heavy Weapons Teams:
The Imperium's regular army employs small teams of heavy weapons crews in key areas, rather than deploying them in large formations. This allows them much greater flexibility on deployment.

Rules wise, each of these heavy weapons teams is actually a platoon in battle tech. 3 squads of 2 men each, with one support secondary weapon per squad. This means each of these six man groups gets deployed separately on the field. As was pointed out earlier, infantry support weapons in battletech are not up to the same performance as the same items in 40k, so these heavy weapons teams are not going to be anywhere near as good as their 40k counterparts, though these ones are correspondingly much cheaper as well.

Fire Support
Weight: 0.6 Tons
BV: 21
Cost: $534,293.72 C-bills 

Troopers: 6 (2/3)
Armor: Flak, Standard

Secondary Weapon: Autocannon (Semi-Portable)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3

Anti-Tank
BV: 47
Cost: $746,797.85 C-bills 

Secondary Weapon: Support Laser (ER Clan)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3=2, 4-5=3, 6=4

Mortar
BV: 19
Cost: $508,989.20 C-bills 

Secondary Weapon: Mortar (Light)
Damage per trooper: 1=0, 2-4=1, 5-6=2

Special Weapon
BV: 15
Cost: $414,015.40 C-bills 

Secondary Weapon: Flamer (Man-Portable)
Damage per trooper: 1=0, 2-4=1, 5-6=2

Imperial Guard Storm Troopers
The most elite units in the regular army. No augmented like the Imperium's Space Marines, these troops are instead heavily trained to operate in any environment imaginable. Equipped for space and ground operations as a standard, equipment for specific environments is issued on an as-needed basis. These troops also use a much more dangerous laser rifle than the imperial guard's standard weapon, and coupled with their heavier armor and ability to operate anywhere, these troops are some of the most dangerous conventional infantry in their region of space.

Storm Trooper Squad
BV: 195
Cost: $7,304,061.63 C-bills 

Armor: Environmental Suit, Marine
Divisor: 2

Primary Weapon: Laser Rifle (Mauser IIC IAS)
Damage per trooper: 1=1, 2=3, 3=4, 4=6, 5=7, 6=8, 7=10, 8=11, 9=13, 10=14
Base Range: 3

Training:
XCT
Marine

Rough Rider Squad
Even in the far future, warriors still ride into battle mounted on trusty warhorses, only now they are armed with laser guns.

Rough Rider Squad
Type: Horse
Weight: 7.15 Tons
BV: 50
Cost: $666,382.33 C-bills 

Movement: 3
Divisor: 2

Damage per trooper: 1-2=0, 3-7=1, 8-10=2

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #92 on: 10 December 2016, 14:10:16 »
Ebay. You used to be able to order them from Games Workshop, but they discontinued the line, and the minis sold out fast.

I guess it's still popular. I only managed to get a couple titans and a bunch of Orks and IG. However, I missed out on IG tanks, and ork commanders.

I had hoped for just a tactical squad of marines for comparison, but, no such luck, yet.

I'm less interested in the Titans ( they are waaaaaaaaaaay "yuge"  >:D ), but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the Marine, IG, and Ork vehicles!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #93 on: 10 December 2016, 14:45:43 »
One possible way to "fix" the Imperial Guard heavy weapon teams is to use Automatic Grenade Launchers instead of Semi-Portable Autocannon.  They do about twice the damage, and are reasonably fluffed as "grenade machine guns".

Cryhavok101

• Captain
alternate Fire Support Squad
« Reply #94 on: 10 December 2016, 17:31:10 »
Nothing is really going to fix them completely. It's a rules issue that is caused by the abstract-ness of infantry in battletech.

There is basically two main issues:
-If there is only 1 secondary weapon (IE support weapons) per squad, the whole squad uses the special effects and range of the primary weapon (IE the Lasgun analogues). If there is 2 secondary weapons per squad, you use the range and specials of the secondary weapons.
-You can only have a maximum of 2 secondary weapons in a squad. This forced me to use the 3 2-man squads in a 6-man platoon for the heavy weapons teams in order to get the 3 support weapons.

That means each squad has 1 secondary weapon, which means no matter what support weapon I put in there it gets the range and specials of the Lasgun analogues. Flamers don't flame, Machine guns don't heavy burst fire, etc.

It's not as big an issue for the majority of 40k infantry, but for these 6-man groups of heavy weapons it certainly is.

It also means I can't do much with the close combat troops, because you can't give multiple primary weapons to a squad. This also effects things like the rough riders, not being able to give them their hunting lances and the other weapons options they have.

Still, I have no problem substituting weapons for performance, so here is the requested alternate Fire Support Squad:

BV: 33
Cost: $611,753.39 C-bills 

Secondary Weapon: Grenade Launcher (Heavy Auto, Non-Inferno Ammo)
Damage per trooper: 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4, 5=5, 6=6

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 10 December 2016, 17:34:48 »
Update: Fixed an error in the IG infantry c-bill costs, affecting the heavy weapons teams.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Eldar Militia Infantry
« Reply #96 on: 10 December 2016, 17:46:36 »
Eldar Regular Infantry

Guardians
The militia of the Eldar Nomads. Many Eldar will pick up arms to defend their homes in an emergency. Many serve for a time in this militia before pursuing other paths, often as they feel the need to do so.

Guardians
BV: 25
Cost: $275,568.32 C-bills 

Armor: Ablative/Flak (Standard)

Primary Weapon: Needler Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Needler, Support (Firedrake)
Damage per trooper: 1=0, 2-4=1, 5-7=2, 8-10=3, 11-12=4
Base Range: 0

Rangers
Even for a Nomadic group, the rangers have an unquenchable wanderlust. Explorers who will venture anywhere, the Rangers also act as scouts, bringing word and warning to the kin they leave behind in their travels. When threatened, rangers will engage in brutal guerilla warfare, attacking and fading away before anyone can react, often decapitating an enemy's leadership in the process.

Rangers
BV: 50
Cost: $2,512,112.89 C-bills 

Armor: Sneak Suit (Camo, IR, ECM)

Primary Weapon: Rifle (Radium Sniper)
Damage per trooper: 1=0, 2-3=1, 4-6=2, 7-8=3, 9-10=4

Training:
XCT

Support Weapon Teams
These serve the same function for the Eldar that the Imperial Guard's heavy weapons teams do for the Imperium's regular army... and in battletech, have the same troubles.

Support Weapon Formations
Weight: .6
BV: 23
Cost: $470,818.01 C-bills 

Armor: Ablative/Flak (Standard)

Primary Weapon: Needler Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Particle Cannon (Semiportable)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3

Guardian Jetbikes
Some Eldar Nomad groups have the means to equip their militia with hover craft, creating a deadly fast striking force.

Note: This is organized into 4 squads of 3 people, so in battletech terms, this is a full platoon of 12 people.

Guardian Jetbike Squad
Type: Mechanized (Hover)
Weight: 12
BV: 33
Cost: $1,134,988.58 C-bills 

Movement: 5
Troopers: 12 (3/4)
Armor: Ablative/Flak (standard)

Primary Weapon: Needler Rifle (Shredder, Heavy)
Secondary Weapon: Needler, Support (Firedrake)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3=2, 4-5=3, 6=4, 7-8=5, 9=6, 10-11=7, 12=8

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: 10 December 2016, 17:52:03 »
the Marine, IG, and Ork vehicles!

Some day I will get around to putting together the Ork stuff. I have a few ideas, but no real plans for them yet. I'm not really going by any kind of list, just making what I feel like at any given time. Orks are probably my least favorite group in 40k though, so my motivation to work on their stuff is a bit lacking. Someday it'll happen though. If you want to make some and post it though, feel free.

Leman Russ' and variants are going to come soon though.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #98 on: 10 December 2016, 18:03:19 »
The advantage of the support weapon rules as they are gives the secondary weapon the range of the primary if there's only one per squad, so the Auto Grenade Launcher (or Heavy, which you used to boost the damage a bit) gets the range of the lasgun.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 10 December 2016, 19:02:15 »
The disadvantage is also that the support weapon gets the range of the lasgun, for example the Anti-Tank squad's ER clan support lasers have their range cut in half. In the eldar guardian squad, it's firedrake support needler also looses range. As does the eldar support weapon squad. Meanwhile, the special weapons squad does get the lasgun's range, but loses the reason you would take a flamer in the first place: the flame quality.

Were the rules less abstract, you could have the secondary weapons' damage cutting in at the appropriate range, and the special effects of the weapons taking effect at the ranges the weapon is active at.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #100 on: 10 December 2016, 19:04:26 »
I totally agree the lower end of the rules needs a re-write.  I'm working on power packs right now, and I posted a thread about machine guns a little while ago.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: 10 December 2016, 19:47:43 »
I'm actually following the one on machine guns. I find some of their comments in that thread a bit annoying.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #102 on: 10 December 2016, 20:10:55 »
Which thread is that?  Mine has no replies.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: 10 December 2016, 20:19:30 »
I was talking about the one in the rules questions area. Might have been someone else's though.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #104 on: 10 December 2016, 20:23:48 »
If you're talking about the Machine Gun Array threads, yes, they belong to other people.  Also, I just posted my thread on Power Packs if you're interested.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 11 December 2016, 14:58:36 »
Made corrections to all those infantry based on errors Daryk helped me figure out.

cornmoggler

• Recruit
« Reply #106 on: 14 December 2016, 21:55:14 »
Been lurking on this thread for a hot minute- super late to reply.
One thing you might look at vis a vis infantry heavy weapons lack of distinction is expanding your use of field guns. Autocannon subs as CLmg, lascannon subs to MedChemlaser, melta subs to vehicular flamer packing inferno ammo, etc.

Also, I question the use of a short Tom on your vindicator. A 45 meter blast radius is extravagantly larger than the wh40k large blast template, think a snub sniper might be more appropriate.

All around great stuff, I'll be watching with interest.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2016, 22:01:02 by cornmoggler »

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: 15 December 2016, 01:10:21 »
Been lurking on this thread for a hot minute- super late to reply.

Awesome, the more the merrier. Welcome.

One thing you might look at vis a vis infantry heavy weapons lack of distinction is expanding your use of field guns. Autocannon subs as CLmg, lascannon subs to MedChemlaser, melta subs to vehicular flamer packing inferno ammo, etc.

From TO pg 310:
Any vehicular-scale autocannon (including light, standard, Ultra, LB-X, rotary, and ProtoMech), Gauss weapon (excluding heavy and Hyper-Assault
types), or Rifl e (Cannon, see p. 338) may be used as a Field Gun
And on the next page:
Only motorized conventional infantry platoons or mechanized conventional infantry platoons with a Wheeled or Tracked motive type may
be equipped with Field Guns.

So not only are the choices of what to use as a field gun restrictive (machine guns, chem lasers, and vehicular flamers aren't allowed), but you have to be a motorized or mechanized platoon as well. I did think about using larger field guns (UAC-5 for autocannon) but decided I wanted to preserve the size of the heavy weapons teams as 6 man teams instead of the much larger numbers it would have taken for field-gun teams. I also preferred to keep them as foot infantry.

Using any ammo dependent weapon as a field gun is something I have considered as a house rule for my own games though, so I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from doing that if they want, however I prefer to have all my designs legal, and putting those field guns on them wouldn't be.

Also, I question the use of a short Tom on your vindicator. A 45 meter blast radius is extravagantly larger than the wh40k large blast template, think a snub sniper might be more appropriate.

The vindicator is a tank hunter, with the most powerful cannon it can mount. A cannon that is the most powerful a cannon can get right up until you get to autokill effects on titan weapons. One that is AoE, but much shorter range than true artillery like a basilisk or whirlwind. I have no regrets using the Long Tom Cannon on it. Also I feel I must point out that all of the artillery cannons have the same blast radius, so using the sniper cannon would just reduce the damage, not the blast radius.

All around great stuff, I'll be watching with interest.

Thanks! If you ever feel like it you are welcome to post your own versions of things here to, whether it is something I haven't gotten to yet or something you want a little different, it's all welcome here. As I said earlier in the thread, different forge worlds make different patterns of the same stuff, so differences in caliber and other things are just the same vehicle made by a different forge world (or sept/craftworld/etc).

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Leman Russ Tanks
« Reply #108 on: 17 December 2016, 17:02:06 »
Leman Russ Tanks

For these I got most of my information from Lexicanum which also has links to all of the variants, and a decent picture of each. I am being lazy and just going to let you follow those links to see the pictures, if you need one.

Some notes before I get on with it:
  • The Leman Russ and it's variants in 40k range from 60-70 tons. I made all of mine 100, disregarding their normal weight, in favor of being able to build them to do what I think they should be able to do.
  • They use I.C.E. engines primarily because of the prevalence of smoke stacks on them. It also makes them fairly cheap.
  • Their relatively low speed is in line, for the most part, with their listed speeds in the Lexicanum. It also fits with everything in 40k ground combat being based of the movement of infantry, in that these are going at similar speeds as infantry rather than the speeds our modern day tanks can reach, or even other battletech tanks.
  • I did not do versions of 2 variants. One the incinerator, is no longer able to be made, and the other, the thunderer is an obsolete bad version of the demolisher variant.
  • While there are many variations of the front weapon mount and the sponson mounts, I decided to remain relatively consistent using the same setup on most of these variants for those. I did this because it would make these tanks more dangerous, and therefore, theoretically, more feared and respected, and because it is the variation I like. Everyone is of course free to make their own versions, and even post them here if they want (I encourage it!)

Now for the tanks:

Battle Tank
Battle Tank
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,141
Cost: 3,475,667 C-bills

Movement: 2/3 (Tracked)
Engine: 200 ICE

Internal: 50
Armor: 248
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Front                      10       62
Right                      10       49
Left                       10       49
Rear                       10       39
Turret                     10       49

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
Vehicle Flamer                  FR     3
Plasma Cannon (ST) (Clan)       RS     7
Plasma Cannon (ST) (Clan)       LS     7
Sniper                          TU    10

Ammo                           Loc Shots
Vehicle Flamer Ammo             BD    20
Sniper Ammo                     BD    10
Plasma Cannon Ammo              BD    10

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
Sponson Turret                  RS
Sponson Turret                  LS

Demolisher
Demolisher
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,578
Cost: 4,158,333 C-bills

Movement: 1/2 (Tracked)
Engine: 100 ICE

Armor: 390
                     Internal    Armor
Front                      10       94
Right                      10       78
Left                       10       78
Rear                       10       62
Turret                     10       78

Long Tom Cannon                 TU    20

Long Tom Cannon Ammo            BD     5

Vanquisher
Vanquisher
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,561
Cost: 5,826,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Gauss Rifle (Clan)              TU     1

Gauss Ammo                      BD     8
Gauss Ammo                      BD     8

Targeting Computer              BD
Nova CEWS                       BD
Communications Equipment (2 ton)  BD

Exterminator
Exterminator
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,304
Cost: 3,675,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Rotary AC/2                     TU     1
Rotary AC/2                     TU     1

Rotary AC/2 Ammo                BD    45

Bulldozer                       FR

Annihilator
Annihilator
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,395
Cost: 3,816,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Large Chem Laser (Clan)         FR     6
Large Chem Laser (Clan)         TU     6
Large Chem Laser (Clan)         TU     6
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      FR     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      RR     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      LS     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      RS     1

Large Chemical Laser Ammo       BD    10
VGL Chaff Grenade              None     1

Mounted Searchlight             FR

Executioner
Executioner
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,406
Cost: 3,661,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Plasma Rifle                    TU    10

Plasma Rifle Ammo               BD    10

Punisher
Punisher
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,219
Cost: 6,323,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Light Machine Gun               TU     0
Light Machine Gun Array         TU     0
Light Machine Gun Array         TU     0

Light Machine Gun Ammo          BD   200
Light Machine Gun Ammo          BD   200

Armored Motive System           BD
Beagle Active Probe             BD

Eradicator
Eradicator
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,176
Cost: 4,416,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Sniper Cannon                   TU    10

Sniper Cannon Ammo              BD    10

Beagle Active Probe             BD

Conqueror
Conqueror
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,341
Cost: 2,755,000 C-bills

Movement: 3/5 (Tracked)
Engine: 300 ICE

Internal    Armor

Ultra AC/10                     TU     4
Large Chem Laser (Clan)         FR     6

Ultra AC/10 Ammo                BD    10

There are also some other vehicles based on the Leman Russ Hull as well, I decided to include them:

Atlas Recovery Vehicle
Atlas Recovery Vehicle
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 659
Cost: 2,274,500 C-bills

Engine: 300 ICE

Internal: 40
Armor: 192
                     Internal    Armor
Front                      10       58
Right                      10       48
Left                       10       48
Rear                       10       38

Machine Gun                     FR     0
Machine Gun Array               FR     0

Machine Gun Ammo                BD   200

Lift Hoist                      RR
Trailer Hitch                   RR
Mobile Field Base               BD

My version of the atlas goes far beyond what the 40k one can do, mostly because I can. I put the maximum number of lift hoists on this, and interpretted it's "may repair some motive damaged vehicles in the field" to giving it a full on modile field base.

Colossus Bombard
Colossus Bombard
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,279
Cost: 4,613,333 C-bills

Movement: 1/2 (Tracked)
Engine: 100 ICE

Internal    Armor

Arrow IV                        FR    10

Fuel/Air Arrow IV Ammo          BD     5

Again I didn't stick with exactness on this. I took a weapon that can fire fuel air rounds, and was shorter range than the weapon I gave the basilisk, and still brought similar damage, then I put as many as I could on this, where the 40k version has a single massive, gigantic mortar. I feel like having a cluster of arrow IV launchers will be an okay approximation to the huge shells the original fired.

Destroyer Tank Hunter
Destoyer Tank Hunter
Mixed (Base IS)
100 tons 
BV: 1,362
Cost: 8,482,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

RISC Hyper Laser                FR    24

Angel ECM Suite                 BD
Bloodhound Active Probe         BD

These seems pretty self explanatory. The Hyper Laser is analogue to the Laser Destroyer, giving it a long range punch it has in 40k.

Arachnos QuadVee
Arachnos QuadVee
Mixed (Base Clan)
100 tons 

Movement: 2/3
Engine: 200 Compact
Heat Sinks: 10 [20]
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 160
Armor: 280/323
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso               31       41
Center Torso (rear)                 13
Right Torso                21       28
Right Torso (rear)                   9
Left Torso                 21       28
Left Torso (rear)                    9
Front Right Leg            21       36
Front Left Leg             21       36
Rear Right Leg             21       36
Rear Left Leg              21       35

Plasma Cannon                   LT     7
Plasma Cannon                   RT     7
Vehicle Flamer                  CT     3
Long Tom Cannon                LT/CT   20

Plasma Cannon Ammo              RT    10
Vehicle Flamer Ammo             RT    20
Long Tom Cannon Ammo            RT     5

Standard                       None
Conversion Equipment           Legs
Tracks                         Legs
QuadVee Cockpit                Head

I never realized 40k had a quadvee until I saw the brief description of this. Technically it still doesn't, but this just screamed "QuadVee" to me, so here it is. It is the only one with a non-ICE engine, but this thing really needed crit space, so I went with a compact. In 40k this is a one-of-a-kind unit, rather than a production model.

Finally, a bonus for the Ork fans in the thread:

Ork Looted Leman Russ
Looted Leman Russ
IS experimental
100 tons 
BV: 907
Cost: 2,716,667 C-bills

Internal    Armor

Vehicle Flamer (ST)             RS     3
Vehicle Flamer (ST)             LS     3
Sniper                          TU    10
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      RR     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher (ST) RS     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      FR     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher (ST) LS     1
Vehicular Grenade Launcher      TU     1

VGL Chaff Grenade              None    1

Wrecking Ball                   TU
Salvage Arm                     RR
Booby Trap                      BD

Make sure to paint it red, and be careful, it might explode.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Squiggoths
« Reply #109 on: 19 December 2016, 01:40:25 »
After some changes to my Infantry Calculator, I have a couple more entries:

Squiggoths

Big Squiggoth Squad
Big Squiggoth Squad
Type: Squiggoth
Weight: 7.5 Tons
BV: 196
Cost: $803,419.08 C-bills

Movement: 5
Armor: Ballistic Plate, Standard
Divisor: 8

Primary Weapon: Gyroslug Carbine
Secondary Weapon: Mortar (Heavy, Non-Inferno Ammo)

Disposable Weapon: Rocket Launcher (LAW)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3, 7-8=4, 9-10=5

Bonus Melee Damage: 7D6 (2)

Gargantuan Squiggoth Squad
Gargantuan Squiggoth Platoon
Type: Gargantuan Squiggoth
Weight: 100 Tons
BV: 647
Cost: $1,292,735.66 C-bills

Movement: 6
Troopers: 20
Armor: Ballistic Plate, Standard
Divisor: 14

Primary Weapon: Gyroslug Carbine
Secondary Weapon: Machine Gun (Support)
Damage per trooper: 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=3, 5=4, 6=5, 7=6, 8=7, 9=8, 10=9, 11=9, 12=10, 13=11, 14=12, 15=13, 16=14, 17=14, 18=15, 19=16, 20=17

Bonus Melee Damage: 10D6 (3)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Valkyrie and Variants
« Reply #110 on: 24 December 2016, 10:25:54 »
Valkyrie and Variants
While the Valkyrie is listed as a 13 ton 'orbital flier' I decided to up it to 30 tons, in order to fit everything I wanted onto it, including enough bomb mounts to get the option of having the same amount of ordnance on the Valkyrie itself. I used ASF as the base type, since they can leave the atmosphere, and have VSTOL capability, I felt they were the closest I could get.

Dedicated Ground Support fighters, the Valkyrie series is actually flown by the Imperial Navy. They just don't do much other than support the imperial guard, and are often attached on a permanent basis to Imperial Guard units.

Valkyrie Infantry Carrier

Valkyrie Infantry Carrier
IS experimental
30 tons 
BV: 224
Cost: 933,340 C-bills

Movement: 3/5
Engine: 30
Heat Sinks: 10

Structural Integrity: 3
Armor: 56
                        Armor
-----------------------------
Nose                       14
Left Wing                  14
Right Wing                 14
Aft                        14

Machine Gun                    RWG     0
Machine Gun                    LWG     0
Medium VSP Laser               NOS     7

Half Machine Gun Ammo          AFT   100

Foot Infantry (3 tons)         AFT
Cargo (10 tons)                AFT

Vulture Gunship

Vulture Gunship
IS experimental
30 tons 
BV: 567
Cost: 1,102,678 C-bills

Armor

Rotary AC/5                    NOS     1
Machine Gun                    NOS     0
Machine Gun Array              NOS     0

Rotary AC/5 Ammo               AFT    20
Half Machine Gun Ammo          AFT   100

Targeting Computer             NOS

Vendetta Heavy Gunship

Vendetta Heavy Gunship
Mixed (Base IS)
30 tons 
BV: 750
Cost: 1,611,265 C-bills

Heat Sinks: 10 [20]

Armor

Large Chem Laser (Clan)        NOS     6
Large Chem Laser (Clan)        NOS     6
ER Medium Laser (Clan)         RWG     5
ER Medium Laser (Clan)         RWG     5
ER Medium Laser (Clan)         LWG     5
ER Medium Laser (Clan)         LWG     5

Large Chemical Laser Ammo      AFT    10

Beagle Active Probe            NOS

Valkyrie Sky Talon

Valkyrie Sky Talon
IS experimental
30 tons 
BV: 164
Cost: 2,037,685 C-bills

Engine: 30 XXL
Cockpit: Small Cockpit

Armor: 59 (Heavy Ferro-Aluminum)
                        Armor
Nose                       15
Left Wing                  15
Aft                        15

Machine Gun Ammo               NOS   200

Heavy Ferro-Aluminum           AFT
Cargo (10 tons)                LWG
Cargo (10 tons)                RWG

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: 24 December 2016, 11:54:06 »
Added Table of Contents Links to first post in thread.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Ork Walkers
« Reply #112 on: 26 December 2016, 01:24:07 »
Ork Walkers

The savage hordes of the Orks value only one thing: battle. Every part of their society is based on preparing for the next battle. Even their technicians only ply their trade in order to create greater and deadlier machines of death.

Ork  Killa' Kan

Ork Killa' Kan
IS experimental
10 tons 
BV: 173
Cost: 704,110 C-bills

Internal: 19
Armor: 41/41
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso                4        6
Center Torso (rear)                  2
Right Torso                 3        5
Right Torso (rear)                   1
Left Torso                  3        5
Left Torso (rear)                    1
Right Arm                   1        2
Left Arm                    1        2
Right Leg                   2        4
Left Leg                    2        4

Flamer                          RA     3

Claw                            LA
Standard                       None

Ork Dreadnought

Ork Dreadnought
IS experimental
15 tons 
BV: 309
Cost: 978,247 C-bills

Engine: 45

Internal: 26
Armor: 48/55
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso                5        7
Center Torso (rear)                  2
Right Torso                 4        6
Right Torso (rear)                   1
Left Torso                  4        6
Left Torso (rear)                    1
Right Arm                   2        3
Left Arm                    2        3
Right Leg                   3        5
Left Leg                    3        5

Light PPC                       LT     5
Heavy Flamer                    RT     5

Claw                            RA
Claw                            LA

Stompa'

Stompa
IS experimental
100 tons 
BV: 1,591
Cost: 9,631,500 C-bills

Engine: 300
Heat Sinks: 11 [22]

Internal: 152
Armor: 209/307 Industrial
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso               31       32
Center Torso (rear)                 10
Right Torso                21       22
Right Torso (rear)                   7
Left Torso                 21       22
Left Torso (rear)                    7
Right Arm                  17       23
Left Arm                   17       23
Right Leg                  21       28
Left Leg                   21       26

Fluid Gun                       CT     0
Long Tom Cannon                RA/RT    20
Rotary AC/2                     RA     1
Light Machine Gun               LA     0
Light Machine Gun               LT     0
Light Machine Gun               HD     0

Fluid Gun Ammo                  LL    20
Fluid Gun Ammo                  RL    20
Rotary AC/2 Ammo                RA    45
Long Tom Cannon Ammo            RA     5
Long Tom Cannon Ammo            RA     5
Half Light Machine Gun Ammo     LL   100

Hatchet                         LA

Big Stompa'

Big Stompa
IS experimental
150 tons 
BV: 2,223
Cost: 37,461,875 C-bills

Movement: 2/3
Engine: 300 XL
Heat Sinks: 21 [42]
Cockpit: Superheavy Cockpit
Gyro: Superheavy Gyro

Internal: 227
Armor: 458/457
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso               45       68
Center Torso (rear)                 22
Right Torso                32       48
Right Torso (rear)                  16
Left Torso                 32       48
Left Torso (rear)                   16
Right Arm                  25       50
Left Arm                   25       50
Right Leg                  32       64
Left Leg                   32       64

Fluid Gun                       CT     0
Long Tom Cannon                RA/RT    20
Light Machine Gun (R)           LT     0
Narc                            LA     0
Medium VSP Laser                HD     7

Fluid Gun Ammo                  LT    20
Fluid Gun Ammo                  RL    20
Half Light Machine Gun Ammo     LT   100
Rotary AC/2 Ammo                RT    45
Rotary AC/2 Ammo                RT    45
Narc Bola Pods                  LA     6
Narc Bola Pods                  LA     6

Equipment                     
2 Lift Hoist                     

For this last one, the Lifta' Dropa' is being represented by a combination of Narc with Bola Pods and the lift hoists that give it the power to pick up any normal sized mech. Unfortunately that is as close as I think I can get to the magic tractor beams, even though it is something of a far cry from it.

In addition, like the imperium, the Ork clans tend to build structures around their largest walkers (both types of Stompas), though in the Ork's case, it is primarily to hold infantry and doesn't add anything more than that. It is generally a low CF structure able to house a squad or two of conventional troops, and not really worth writing the stats for.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Adeptus Sororitas Vehicles
« Reply #113 on: 31 December 2016, 23:20:43 »
Adeptus Sororitas Vehicles

Immolator Tank

Immolator
Clan experimental
50 tons 
BV: 588
Cost: 1,386,750 C-bills

Engine: 150 ICE

Internal: 25
Armor: 160
                     Internal    Armor
Front                       5       42
Right                       5       31
Left                        5       31
Rear                        5       20
Turret                      5       36

Fluid Gun                       TU     0
Fluid Gun                       TU     0

Fluid Gun Ammo                  BD    20

Carrying Capacity:
Troops - 6.0 tons

The Ecclesiarchy's military arm's unique tank is a combination squad transport and mobile inferno source. The fluid guns are supplied with several tons of inferno fuel as a standard, and generally make short work on any tanks or vehicles that come within their reach. The ecclesiarchy of the Imperium is not allowed to have their own main battletank, so this is one of the most common vehicles in their ranks, alongside the same Rhino transports that the space marines use.

Exorcist Tank

Excorcist
Base Clan
75 tons 
BV: 928
Cost: 9,649,500 C-bills

Engine: 225 XL

Armor: 160
                     Internal    Armor
Front                       8       42
Right                       8       31
Left                        8       31
Rear                        8       20
Turret                      8       36

'Mech Mortar 8                  TU    10

Airburst Mortar 8 Ammo          BD    52

This is what passes for artillery for the ecclesiarchy's militant branch. A huge cluster of mortars. While not true artillery, it's airburst munitions can be just as dangerous as traditional artillery. Designed more as an Icon than a combat tank, the Exocist is still a decently effective weapon.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Space Marine Scout Squad
« Reply #114 on: 01 January 2017, 11:56:21 »
Space Marine Scout Squad

Scout Squad
Weight: .85 Tons
BV: 40
Cost: $1,743,042.95 C-bills 

Armor: DEST Infiltration Suit

Primary Weapon: Rifle (Minolta 9000)
Secondary Weapon: SRM Launcher (Heavy, Non-Inferno Ammo)

Disposable Weapon: Grenade (Non-Inferno)
Damage per trooper: 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3, 7-8=4, 9-10=5

Before you can join the Elite ranks of the Space Marine, you must first serve time in their scout squads. These warriors infiltrate an objective to preform recon, assassination, and sabotage.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #115 on: 03 January 2017, 11:07:35 »
Hm? 24 tubes on that "organ", isn't that right? Two mortar per tube, interesting fire rate  ;D
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: 03 January 2017, 11:22:20 »
Well, the fire rate from the table top is random, so I just picked a number I liked mostly lol.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Warhound Scout Titan
« Reply #117 on: 11 January 2017, 22:43:15 »
Warhound Scout Titan
https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/6/63/Warhound9.jpg/300px-Warhound9.jpg
Warhound Scout Titan
IS experimental
125 tons 
BV: 2,632
Cost: 149,100,188 C-bills

Engine: 375 XXL
Heat Sinks: 19 [38]
Cockpit: Command Console
Gyro: Superheavy Gyro

Internal: 188 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 380/379
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso               38       57
Center Torso (rear)                 19
Right Torso                26       39
Right Torso (rear)                  13
Left Torso                 26       39
Left Torso (rear)                   13
Right Arm                  21       42
Left Arm                   21       42
Right Leg                  26       52
Left Leg                   26       52

Plasma Rifle                    LA    10
Plasma Rifle                    LA    10
Rotary AC/5                     RA     1
Rotary AC/5                     RA     1
AMS                             CT     1

Plasma Rifle Ammo               LA    10
Rotary AC/5 Ammo                RA    20
AMS Ammo                        LT    12

Bloodhound Active Probe         CT
Communications Equipment (7 ton)  RT

We joke about Lyran Scout Lances, but the Imperium designates these "Titans" that tower over even the mighty Atlas as "Scout". Compared to the other units in the Imperium's Titan Legions, the Warhound is fairly fast. It does also come with sensors and comm systems that would be a boon to any scout force... or command force if you need to use something like this to lead the lesser Gaurdsmen into battle.

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #118 on: 12 January 2017, 22:43:39 »
Now I'm waiting for something that should be easy to do.......... IMPERIAL KNIGHTS!!!!!  And maybe the Eldar Wraith knight as well...  Hmm... give me a few days and I might do them myself.  I think that would be fun!! >:D
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: 12 January 2017, 23:13:24 »
It might be best to do those ones yourself. I stopped picking up new codexes a little while before those were introduced. I do have info for the Tau Riptide suit, but the other similar scale units I am not familiar with at all, I only know they exist. You'd probably do them better justice than I would. once you post them though, I'll add them to the Links of my OP.

Register