Author Topic: First Succession War - First Arcadian Cuirassiers  (Read 2759 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
First Succession War - First Arcadian Cuirassiers
« on: 10 November 2016, 03:07:22 »
In the unit summary table for the AFFS on page 134 of First Succession War, the First Arcadian Cuirassiers are listed as being on Galatia III in 2786 at 100% of full strength, and in 2821 they're still listed as being on Galatia III, but at 41% of full strength.

Galatia III is described on page 28 as being one of three Hegemony worlds the FedSuns annexed in 2785, and shows up on the map on page 44 as being one of the worlds conquered by the Draconis Combine between 2786 and 2791. The map of the various AFFS counterattacks from 2801 to 2818 show Galatia III as a system that the AFFS hadn't recaptured by 2818, and on the map of the Inner Sphere on 2821 on pages 112-113, Galatia III is a Combine system, with the FedSuns having recaptured Mallory's World by 2818 and then lost it again by 2821.

So... should the Arcadian Cuirassiers be listed as being on Galatia III in 2821? I've not checked exhaustively, but I can't see another example of an AFFS unit being listed as being on a world belonging to another faction in 2821, and I can't find anything in the text that would suggest that the Cuirassiers managed to hold out on Galatia III for 30-35 years, so I'm not sure if the Cuirassiers' entry is possibly in error?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: First Succession War - First Arcadian Cuirassiers
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2016, 20:28:17 »
There are a few such minor (final deployment) errors in that table.
On the Federated Suns final deployment, the First Arcadian Cuirassiers should be on Raman, the Davion Assault Guards should be on Bromhead, and both the Bald Eagles and Night Eagles should be on Demeter.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2016, 02:45:59 »
Ah, thank you - should I add this to the First Succession War errata thread, or is it something that's already been noted?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2016, 15:17:43 »
Feel free to post in the errata thread, thanks. 
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Register