Author Topic: Canon location of ON1-K's SRM-4?  (Read 1822 times)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
Canon location of ON1-K's SRM-4?
« on: 29 November 2016, 04:07:58 »
Is there a mistake in the pre-supplied SSW file for the ON1-K Orion?  I thought the SRM-4 was supposed to be in the left arm but whoever did that SSW file put it in the left torso instead.  Where does the published record sheet place it?

The recent Primitive version (as well as several intro-tech variants) put it in the left arm, like the art implies.

And for the Orion Kerensky?  Same question...

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Re: Canon location of ON1-K's SRM-4?
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2016, 12:32:43 »
Isn't it nice to have FASA-era materials handy...

Well to answer your question, it's always been listed as a Lt Torso mount for the SRM-4. While the fluff lists it in the Lt Arm, the actual TRO entry & the Reinforcements Supplement sheet have it located in the Lt Torso. The same is true of the ON1-M listed in the FASA TRO 3050.

Weird, isn't it?

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Canon location of ON1-K's SRM-4?
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2017, 21:40:38 »
I move the darn thing in all my customs. Looks better too, IMO.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 20:32:36 by beachhead1985 »
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register