Author Topic: (Answered) Interchangeability of like-sized engines  (Read 3096 times)

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
(Answered) Interchangeability of like-sized engines
« on: 01 July 2011, 16:42:30 »
Are fusion enginges interchangeable or are they specific to a given chassis?  Ie.  Can you pop the 300-rated engine out of a 4/6 75 tonner and install it in a 6/9 50 tonner?  In a similar vein, are enginges from different unit types interchangeable.  ie.  can I canabalize the fusion enginge from a tank to get an ASF going?

-Jackmc
« Last Edit: 20 October 2016, 13:31:27 by Welshman »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Interchangeability of like-sized engines
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2016, 13:29:27 »
Are fusion enginges interchangeable or are they specific to a given chassis?  Ie.  Can you pop the 300-rated engine out of a 4/6 75 tonner and install it in a 6/9 50 tonner?  In a similar vein, are enginges from different unit types interchangeable.  ie.  can I canabalize the fusion enginge from a tank to get an ASF going?

-Jackmc

In the strict abstract level of the game rules all engines are fully interchangeable. A 300-rated Fusion Engine is a 300-rated Fusion Engine and can be used by any unit that needs a 300-Rated Fusion Engine.

When you get into Campaign level play there can be optional rules or player agreements to add some complexity to this. That's strictly up to the players as to how far down the detailed rabbit hole they want to go.

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register