Register Register

Author Topic: Question out of curiosity  (Read 376 times)

Coldstone

• Sergeant
  • Every battle is a lesson, waiting to be learned.
Question out of curiosity
« on: 12 January 2022, 11:14:52 »
Sadly I don't have the rulebooks yet, but is the max damageoutput of a warship weapon bay still capped at 70? Or is more possible now.

I ask cause I wanted to build some ships of the game dreadnought, and on of them has several quad cannon turrets, which would perfectly fit with NAC 20 or 25.

My old build was two 25 and one 20 to get to the maxcap.
Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not.

Only in death does duty end.

Coldstone

• Sergeant
Re: Question out of curiosity
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2022, 11:26:17 »
Thanks. So Triple turrets still.
Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not.

Ruger

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2022, 16:41:17 »
Could always do quad HNPPC’s or quad NAC/10’s or quad LNGauss.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2022, 19:38:53 »
could also use twin NAC30's and fluff them as using a double barrelled firing mechanism.

Coldstone

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2022, 10:03:46 »
Well. I want to build the Monarch class.

https://dreadnought.fandom.com/wiki/Monarch?file=Monarch.png

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2022, 20:02:57 »
Medium and heavy mass drivers (TacOps) are allowed to exceed the 70-point bay limits because, well, they do 100- and 140 capital points per shot.

However, their very limited firing arc, +2 to-hit penalty, and ridiculous tonnages (50,000 and 100,000 tons) mean they're pretty useless compared to any other combination of bays adding up to 140 points of damage.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2022, 20:22:15 »
So... since the limit doesn't apply to them, I can mount one dorsal and a second ventral and count them both in a Nose bay? ???

Careful there, good sir...  ^-^

Register