Register Register

Author Topic: Design Challenge Exodus Dropship  (Read 1720 times)

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
Design Challenge Exodus Dropship
« on: 10 February 2011, 09:02:58 »
While preparing for the Exodus one thing immedietly became apparant to General Kerensky and his top aides. While the SLDF was well equiped with dropships to carry its battlemech, vehicle, infantry and aerospace forces and the cargo to support them... It was decidedly lacking in large people carriers for the support staff and familes of the troops they were leading into exile.

With the Titan shipyards damage being quickly repaired the solution was obvious. Commission a design which could be mass produced quickly before the fleet left. Several design requirements were set.

1st. Speed of construction/design. So preferably based on an existing and successful hull. With as few gizmos and gadgets as possible. Cost however is not an option - afterall their probably not going to be around to have to pay the bill!
2nd. Capacity for passengers. Ideally each dropship would carry within its hold almost a full towns worth of people - indeed it was suggested that when they finally made landfall towns could be constructed based around the dropships. 10-20,000 passangers was the ideal amount in the eyes of the General. Whether thats doable or not is another matter.
3rd. Some cargo would be required for infrastructure, supplies, etc...
4th. The ability to land upon a world and take off.
5th. Ideally some small number of vehicle bays to carry scout and consctruction vehicles. Possible mech bays for Industrial Mechs.

Armour and weapons are not particularly required - these ships will be travelling as part of the greatest convoy in history, surrounded by the SLDF fleet.

Any thoughts?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Design Challenge Exodus Dropship
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2011, 17:45:25 »
Lion.

Take a look at it.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register