Register Register

Author Topic: Request: Build me Amaris' Insane Planet Killer  (Read 1812 times)

idea weenie

• Major
Re: Request: Build me Amaris' Insane Planet Killer
« Reply #30 on: 23 January 2022, 19:01:07 »
So a Potemkin has the 22 collars needed to move this thing and now three extra collars for whatever carriers or other defenders desired... Hmm...

Which is more frightening?

You tell me:

a) watching a single warship with an array of horrifying muzzles pointed at your planet coming closer

Having your planetary tracking stations report this (where the ship has Heavy Mass Drivers rather than just generic gun barrels)

b) watching a world crippling superstation assemble itself in orbit around your world

Or your orbital telescopes seeing this?

DragonKhan55

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 03 February 2022, 20:20:20 »
Gentlemen, Gentlemen. Why go through this complexity with Naval PPCs, Railguns, Mass Drivers and WMDs when the oldest play in the Davion handbook is perfectly adequate?

Step One: Point at Planet

Step Two: Overthrust.

Code: [Select]
Planet Rammer Prime
Mass: 2,500,000 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Introduced: 2700
Mass: 2,500,000
Battle Value: 46,664
Tech Rating/Availability: E/D-E(F)-E-F
Cost: 15,935,124,000 C-bills

Fuel: 20,000 tons (50,000)
Safe Thrust: 7
Maximum Thrust: 11
Sail Integrity: 9
KF Drive Integrity: 48
Heat Sinks: 2,000
Structural Integrity: 109

Armor
    Nose: 491
    Fore Sides: 404/404
    Aft Sides: 359/359
    Aft: 229

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Cargo (9374.0 tons)     1 Door   

Ammunition:
None

Dropship Capacity: 0
Grav Decks: 0
Escape Pods: 0
Life Boats: 0
Crew:  100 officers, 445 enlisted/non-rated

Notes: Mounts 5,450 tons of standard aerospace armor.

Weapons:     Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
None

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 03 February 2022, 20:58:11 »
This amuses me greatly.   :))

Gentlemen, Gentlemen. Why go through this complexity with Naval PPCs, Railguns, Mass Drivers and WMDs when the oldest play in the Davion handbook is perfectly adequate?

Step One: Point at Planet

Step Two: Overthrust.

Code: [Select]
Planet Rammer Prime
Mass: 2,500,000 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Introduced: 2700
Mass: 2,500,000
Battle Value: 46,664
Tech Rating/Availability: E/D-E(F)-E-F
Cost: 15,935,124,000 C-bills

Fuel: 20,000 tons (50,000)
Safe Thrust: 7
Maximum Thrust: 11
Sail Integrity: 9
KF Drive Integrity: 48
Heat Sinks: 2,000
Structural Integrity: 109

Armor
    Nose: 491
    Fore Sides: 404/404
    Aft Sides: 359/359
    Aft: 229

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Cargo (9374.0 tons)     1 Door   

Ammunition:
None

Dropship Capacity: 0
Grav Decks: 0
Escape Pods: 0
Life Boats: 0
Crew:  100 officers, 445 enlisted/non-rated

Notes: Mounts 5,450 tons of standard aerospace armor.

Weapons:     Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
None

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2022, 21:08:50 »
I greatly enjoy that it has 0/0 life boats and escape pods

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 03 February 2022, 21:45:40 »
Best thing is you can assign 100 Amaris supporters to oversee the 500 odd ‘volunteer space battalion’ for crew.

DragonKhan55

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 03 February 2022, 22:50:24 »
I greatly enjoy that it has 0/0 life boats and escape pods
Best thing is you can assign 100 Amaris supporters to oversee the 500 odd ‘volunteer space battalion’ for crew.

Relatively easily solved-if I were being serious about this one, adding a single docking collar for a dropship and 200 life boats only requires offloading about 2400 tons from the cargo bay. Could also add more small craft bays too.

It's just the sheer chutzpah of this that is hilarious. A 2.5M ton ship, with 5,450 tons of armor going 7/11 aiming DIRECTLY for a planet. Nukes will kill it, but if it can get up to speed and get past your defenses, your planet is SCREWED.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 03 February 2022, 23:15:31 »
Relatively easily solved-if I were being serious about this one, adding a single docking collar for a dropship and 200 life boats only requires offloading about 2400 tons from the cargo bay. Could also add more small craft bays too.

It's just the sheer chutzpah of this that is hilarious. A 2.5M ton ship, with 5,450 tons of armor going 7/11 aiming DIRECTLY for a planet. Nukes will kill it, but if it can get up to speed and get past your defenses, your planet is SCREWED.

I mean I don’t mind it at all. I find it very Amaris.

Just jump too far out, accelerate like crazy, hope you don’t have to do any adjustments. Too fast for anyone to do anything that matters

DragonKhan55

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 03 February 2022, 23:46:38 »
I mean I don’t mind it at all. I find it very Amaris.

Just jump too far out, accelerate like crazy, hope you don’t have to do any adjustments. Too fast for anyone to do anything that matters

Yup. And had I truly wanted to, I could have taken off 10k tons of fuel, added a crapton of antifighter weapons and just made a joke as the new Lyran Superheavy Fast Dogfighter ASF

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 04 February 2022, 16:33:52 »
This is hilarious! I have my session tomorrow and I may well put this one in the files of 'Proposals' they are set to find.
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 04 February 2022, 18:54:15 »
Why do I want to see a simulation of that crash so very badly now?   :D

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 05 February 2022, 19:26:52 »
Why do I want to see a simulation of that crash so very badly now?   :D

Someone, at this very moment on this forum, is trying to calculate the speed, velocity, and force that this will produce doing so.

Edit: probably a Davion fanboy ;)

Dreadpool

• Corporal
« Reply #41 on: 14 March 2022, 08:35:04 »
I've got a simple solution to this question

1) take a Colossus-class dropship and load its cargo bays to their maximum capacity; could be anything 9even 40,000 tons of dried cat shit), what's important is the mass

2) launch it towards the target planet from a distance equal to 50 days maximum burn

3) just before it hits, said Colossus will be perking along at 0.3c and will have a KE load 50% greater than the Chixulub impactor.

The impact will instantly kill everything within 1,000 miles of Ground Zero.; in a short time thereafter, every living thing on the planet weighing more than 10 kilograms will die.

The planet's ecosystem will take 10,000,000 years to recover.

Maingunnery

• Major
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #42 on: 14 March 2022, 11:58:36 »
I've got a simple solution to this question

1) take a Colossus-class dropship and load its cargo bays to their maximum capacity; could be anything 9even 40,000 tons of dried cat shit), what's important is the mass

2) launch it towards the target planet from a distance equal to 50 days maximum burn

3) just before it hits, said Colossus will be perking along at 0.3c and will have a KE load 50% greater than the Chixulub impactor.

The impact will instantly kill everything within 1,000 miles of Ground Zero.; in a short time thereafter, every living thing on the planet weighing more than 10 kilograms will die.

The planet's ecosystem will take 10,000,000 years to recover.
2b/ The DropShip hits something (satellite/Small Craft) on the way and completely disintegrates into a light-show.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Fan XTRO: The Society
Nebula Confederation Ships

Syzyx

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #43 on: 15 March 2022, 11:07:15 »
For those who may have been following this travesty against decency and science, my players finally got to the lab/station/factory site and found the files in question. I was deeply disappointed by the sudden attack of morality they had.

I ended up using the rotary mass driver idea as the actual produced ship, with the mega-incendiary for final effect. But I had the players find test video and schema for most of the other ideas in this thread. The players didn't even attempt to board the vessel or even see how many hulls were in the gantries. They became convinced that the Cappies or Dracs would expend overwhelming resources to acquire whatever was present and actually use it.

In the end they sacrificed a Leopard loaded up with all kinds of boom to destroy the entire facility. :(
But as a matter of fact I was quite busy getting potty-trained at the time and had no time for interstellar politics.- ykonoclast

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 15 March 2022, 12:05:51 »
Thats....very decent of them.   :thumbsup:

Maingunnery

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 15 March 2022, 12:21:50 »
It just means that we went far enough.  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Dreadpool

• Corporal
« Reply #46 on: 17 March 2022, 06:50:37 »
2b/ The DropShip hits something (satellite/Small Craft) on the way and completely disintegrates into a light-show.
Instead of one piece, the debris from the dropship hits all over the targeted planet and f**ks it up even worse

Maingunnery

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 17 March 2022, 11:48:33 »
Instead of one piece, the debris from the dropship hits all over the targeted planet and f**ks it up even worse
Depending on where the premature collision is it is likely just a rapidly expanding cloud of gas that mostly misses the planet.