Register Register

Author Topic: Warship Race Redux  (Read 50355 times)

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
Re: Warship Race Redux
« Reply #1260 on: 18 May 2021, 09:29:50 »
So a bit of Necro... but how’s everyone doing? Anyone around to continue? Restart? Re-do? Change-up?

Idk I just got a bit of creative inspiration on the PoR 3049 stuff I was working on and started writing again and was like... ‘damn now I want more Warship Redux two! (Pun intended!)’

While I'd love to, I just don't have the time/energy these days.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1261 on: 18 May 2021, 10:09:26 »
No worries: I know the feeling. Chances are my thread will get like three four new posts and I’ll run out of energy on it too lol

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1262 on: 18 May 2021, 19:02:53 »
Still wanting...

Hope we can do ground forces as well...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1263 on: 05 October 2021, 23:06:08 »
So: Sorry Thread Necro again.

First off: hello all, hows everyone doing?

Second off: curious on a couple of things. First off did any of the 'admins' of this or the previous iteration of this have the data for how they calculated the results of each faction per turn? Second (more hopeful): anyone interested in doing a third iteration (or continue this?)

and third of all: I hope you guys can check the link in my sig for the PoR ships. I think I've gotten them to a point where I'm happy (ish) with the results. However, I'd love your opinions and comments on them  to see whether I've missed something critical or some big design flaw. I'm still writing the fluff parts, and now I'm working more heavily on the actual RP part now that I think I've figured out a solid timeline alteration (coming soon! (ish)).

Anyways.. .thanks all regardless!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1264 on: 05 October 2021, 23:49:23 »
Marian Hegemony glances at the prescribed link...

Tasty prize they are... * grumbles at the lack of fleet actions *.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1265 on: 06 October 2021, 18:45:26 »
I think a key question here is: how do you avoid GM burnout?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1266 on: 06 October 2021, 19:14:52 »
I think a key question here is: how do you avoid GM burnout?

That’s a question I can’t personally answer well. But honestly it depends mostly on me: I’m good playing games for a long period of time: DM’ing is a whole different ball game. I don’t mind running the numbers or help DM…. But I suck at writing (well…. Mostly just communicating my ideas with others). Give me a script or an adventure book and I’ll run it no problem. In something like this it’s not impossible to DM and play (theoretically) meaning the workload could be spread amongst the players. If it’s a new system that one person designed you have to be interested in running, modifying, and tweaking the game until it’s playable with very few hitches. If it’s an established system it just takes a person who can interpret the rules fairly and in something like this it’s meant to both balance among players but might include a winner at some point…

That’s being said… that’s my two cents on it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1267 on: 06 October 2021, 22:57:07 »
If we knew how damage was transferred and what actions are needed to make such transfers happen, then it would be easy. OTOH, knowing this info, would Min/Maxing a WS to optimize the damage profile create a conundrum? Ergo, we shouldn't cheese munch it...

Now I am in the process of creating a 3D model Starmap with about 50 systems surrounding a central system. BT uses 2D maps... paper and all.

When I am done I'll repost the model... and we'll go from there.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse