Register Register

Author Topic: Ever add special effects to After Action Reports?  (Read 1677 times)

battlegamingone

• Recruit
Ever add special effects to After Action Reports?
« on: 08 September 2014, 00:44:30 »
Hi everyone, we played a 4 on 4 scenario yesterday (sort of figuring that the "good guy" blue team would win - but this being the most even matchup we've played yet by far....)

We got the idea that we would add special effects after taking photos turn by turn.  We have a great deal to learn about how to manage it - but it was pretty fun.  Please let us know what you think - or if there are some easier ways.  (We used Power Point, then Eye Candy on an iPad, and then Picasa to edit the photos in ~ 3 steps.)

[Was thinking to paste our favorite of these effects-enhanced-photos here - but with apologies, no clue on how to work the attach image slang right now.]

You can get to them here:  http://battlegaming1.blogspot.com/2014/09/battletech-4-vs-4-scout-lance-takes-on.html
« Last Edit: 08 September 2014, 00:51:54 by battlegamingone »

battlegamingone

• Recruit
Re: Ever add special effects to After Action Reports?
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2014, 00:59:16 »
Making photo less than 300KB and trying again :)

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2014, 03:02:30 »
Your solution sounds quite complicated, and time consuming, especially considering the number of photos that can add up from an AAR (my last big AAR had 25 pics in a single post and editing for force arrows took forever... so much so that I didn't bother to do the second half).

That being said they are pretty pictures, though the weapon effects are kinda let down by the flat board terrain (not a criticism, just a development note)

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2015, 08:41:33 »
Honestly, I think this would make people want to view AAR more then they normally do. I have to disagree that the flat maps reduce the visual appeal of such an AAR. AARs have little to hype them up other then someone attempting to describe the turn beyond who rolled what.

Strange as it sounds, it reminds me of the old Battletech cartoon's CGI cut scenes.

I can only imagine the time it would take to do an entire game, but I'd be sure to check out such AARs even if it were just for the novelty of it all. Stuff like that could help bring in new players, or at least attention to the game if you found a way to spread the word around a shop and gaming forums. O0

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2015, 17:29:49 »
It's a great little app.

I love using it for my Transformer/m.a.sk photos.