Register Register

Author Topic: Aerospace Thrust and Movement  (Read 211 times)

Alzer

• Sergeant
Aerospace Thrust and Movement
« on: 03 September 2021, 23:21:08 »
So I've gotten a couple local friends to try out AS, and am eyeing using Aerofighters eventually. However I'm honestly rather confused on the flight path and thrust mechanics. To my current understanding Aeros have a line measured out from them 24" forward. When they "move" they can be placed anywhere within Thrust distance of this point (unsure on facing), and their new flight path is drawn.

I've played plenty of Aerospace in Battletech, so the jump over is keeping some of those ideas and I think making the concepts more confusing.  Also my group is using Hexes which I'm sure further complicates things.
Are there any visual guides folks have put together to explain this?
20th Avalon Hussars
Marion Highlanders

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: Aerospace Thrust and Movement
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2021, 00:39:19 »
Facing doesn't matter. ASF simply strafe across the battlefield back and forth each turn. The line is any straight line starting from their starting point (after move) that crosses the battlefield and is at least 24" (12 hexes) long from the starting point to the edge they will "exit" from. Rinse, repeat. For hex play, I'd ignore hexes for restrictions on the "line" and say any hex that the line crosses is part of the flight path.

Alzer

• Sergeant
Re: Aerospace Thrust and Movement
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2021, 21:11:12 »
Aaah that makes far more sense, thanks
20th Avalon Hussars
Marion Highlanders