Register Register

Author Topic: Alpha Strike Companion or...  (Read 701 times)

Charistoph

• Captain
Alpha Strike Companion or...
« on: 29 October 2022, 13:15:34 »
So, seeing a lot of questions about things in the Alpha Strike Companion, as well as having my own, which do you think would be better.

Rerelease the Alpha Strike Companion updated to handle everything the Commander's Edition doesn't have and any potential missing errata.

OR

Update the Tech Manual, and various Ops books to include the Alpha Strike information missing from the Companion that the Commander's Edition didn't include.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Richard S.

• Sergeant
  • Coming through
Re: Alpha Strike Companion or...
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2022, 14:13:42 »
AFAIK, the only thing AS:CE is really missing are the conversion rules.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2022, 19:52:13 »
Conversion roles and old AS space combat, the former of which was promised to be added on the Downloads page (which still hasn't been done). The latter has basically been erased by the devs citing unsatisfactory implementation, and AS-stats space combat will likely remain the exclusive domain of BattleForce until TPTB find a satisfying alternative.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Charistoph

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2022, 22:14:09 »
AFAIK, the only thing AS:CE is really missing are the conversion rules.

Right, but how would you prefer to see them made accessible again?  A new/restored document, or incorporated in the various books like BV?

Conversion roles and old AS space combat, the former of which was promised to be added on the Downloads page (which still hasn't been done). The latter has basically been erased by the devs citing unsatisfactory implementation, and AS-stats space combat will likely remain the exclusive domain of BattleForce until TPTB find a satisfying alternative.

A separate document like the BV changes WOULD be nice.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2022, 22:53:29 »
... by the devs ...
Minor clarification.
Singular "dev".  I don't speak for anybody else, and I'm just one person.  And I'm not the one that decides if/when new products get greenlit.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets