Register Register

Author Topic: CT to IT, IT to CT  (Read 303 times)

Minnow

• Agent #618 of the Line
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
    • Wolf's Dragoons
CT to IT, IT to CT
« on: 04 May 2021, 14:57:26 »
Good day everyone. So we have been going around on this a bit. In the specials of CT and IT, it says that you can convert before the start of the game one to the other. For instance Flatbed Truck I could at the start of the game state the of the CT6 I have, 3 of it will be IT. Once that declaration is made... that IT3 is no longer considered CT and follows all the rules for transporting infantry as if it had this ability outright correct?

And I could take the Maxim and convert from IT12 to IT6/CT6 and would be limited in my infantry transport for the game with this unit.

The confusing part is under Cargo there is discussion about cargo and Door.
~ Minnow  CDT #618

Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into the darkness. -- Natasha Kerensky

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: CT to IT, IT to CT
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2021, 16:37:04 »
It doesn’t acts as if it switched, it actually switches.  Cross off the other special ability and write in the new one.

You woood have to be more specific on what your confusion is with cargo and doors?  Off the top of my head, only large units use doors for cargo.  Wouldn’t affect your examples.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
Re: CT to IT, IT to CT
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2021, 08:21:47 »
P.66 AS:CE

Doors are only tracked on DropShips and
larger transport units. Combat vehicles with the Infantry Transport
(IT#) special ability do not keep track of doors, and may therefore
deploy some or all of their infantry units in a single turn.

Register