Register Register

Author Topic: Alpha Strike Movement Cost Tables for Hex Maps  (Read 783 times)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Alpha Strike Movement Cost Tables for Hex Maps
« on: 01 September 2021, 08:57:29 »
This is a quick reference PDF of the movement cost tables for Alpha Strike if using hex maps. There was a split in preference among those that want to convert unit’s MV from inches to hexes first, then pay movement costs in hexes, and those that just want the MV cost per hexes to be in inches so it matches how the MV is listed on the official unit cards. So I have provided two columns, one listing the cost in hexes and one listing the cost in inches. But both are for moving into a hex.

Download link at:
https://nckestrel.wordpress.com/2021/09/01/alpha-strike-movement-cost-table-for-hex-maps/   
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: Alpha Strike Movement Cost Tables for Hex Maps
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2021, 18:22:32 »
Sweet. Best of both worlds from the discord discussion. Probably for the best. Do you think this would make it into a future printing?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2021, 07:57:15 »
I tried at the last minute to get it in the next printing, but quickly found out it’s more complicated than that.  A printed book can’t just throw a page in, even at the end.  Pages have to come in sets of eight, and if I try to throw something in the middle then all the page numbers references (including page references in other books) and index page numbers get throw off…

So I’d like to, and people were willing to do it, but I’ve got some bigger questions to answer before it can be done.  So I went ahead and just put this in a document separately myself for now.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2021, 18:14:26 »
No worries. That you put the in effort time and again is amazing so thanks again for all you do for us Alpha Strike die-hards!

MyndkryM

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2021, 18:20:34 »
Thanks for hosting this. I'd like to see this and some other things hosted on the BT Downloads page https://bg.battletech.com/downloads/

A Special Abilities summary chart would be nice...unless it may be coming in a future printing  ;D
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2021, 21:37:48 »
Catalyst has higher standards for releases than my “save Word as PDF” skills.

jasonf

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2021, 10:07:19 »
Catalyst has higher standards for releases than my “save Word as PDF” skills.

Maybe you can get them to apply some fancy publishing upgrades to the PDF?  :)

Because I was also thinking that a broader "Converting Alpha Strike to Hex Maps" guide would be a useful thing to download from the BT website, too. The movement differences are by far the most important conversions, but there are a few other things (attack range table, skidding-related tables) that would be useful to have all in one place. It could probably include a page of helpful conversion hints, too (which would likely be instances-when-you-don't-just-want-to-divide-inches-by-2...)

Either way, the current table is very useful, thanks!

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2021, 00:27:12 »
So am I essentially seeing the 2015 mapboard rules pdf with an extra page for the TacOps advanced terrain?

Seems like most of the fancificiation work is already done  :)

Cannonshop

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2021, 01:13:44 »
So am I essentially seeing the 2015 mapboard rules pdf with an extra page for the TacOps advanced terrain?

Seems like most of the fancificiation work is already done  :)

art and presentation, possibly fiction inserts and editing, it's got to be looked over by the line devs and approved, and they would need to pay nKestrel for the work and make him sign yet-another-NDA.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-Samuel Adams

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2021, 11:26:46 »
Added a unit special ability quick reference, sorted by the abbreviation and lists the name, page reference and a quick summary of the special ability.

MyndkryM

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 10 September 2021, 12:35:58 »
Who's the rock star?????

That guy....posting right above me.....that's who.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

Register