Register Register

Author Topic: Alpha Strike Questions: Converting a Customized 'mech to Alpha Strike  (Read 524 times)

MechWarriorFox

• Corporal
So, my local Battletech group has been doing Alpha Strike for a couple of weeks now, and I decided to customize a Werewolf 005 for a named character, so I fired up MegaMekLab and did the modifications (replacing the X-Large Pulse Laser with a clan-tech ER Large Pulse Laser and adding CASE for the Streak SRM ammo and a half-ton of armor) and went through the entire process of getting the weapons brackets to take the new weapon into account and now I need to make sure that the PV is right.

I've checked with the master unit list to make sure I'm doing it right (the standard Werewolf 005 costs 34PV before skill costs)... and it's odd when I calc it in via this methodology (which leads to... 27PV).

So, keeping the Werewolf largely the same with the modifications only being replacing the X-Large Pulse Laser and adding IS CASE and a half-ton of armor, which leads to the specials being ECM, STL (Stealth), JMPW2, CASE; the armor being upped to 5 instead of 4, and 2 at long-range. Everything else is the same.

So how would this be calculated?

Descronan

• Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
What's the final stats of the custom?

MV, S/M/L, Armor/Structure, Specials? Once you provide those, we can calculate the PV using the Alpha Strike Companion conversion rules.

MechWarriorFox

• Corporal
What's the final stats of the custom?

MV, S/M/L, Armor/Structure, Specials? Once you provide those, we can calculate the PV using the Alpha Strike Companion conversion rules.
Let me dig out the card that I would use:

I swapped out the X-Large Pulse Laser for a clantech ER Large Pulse Laser, gave it half a ton of armor, added IS Case and that's it.

I'm lucky to have programs like Solaris Skunk Works and MegaMek Lab to make this sort of thing less tedious on the 'is it legal in CBT' part, and I've been using a handy dandy .exel sheet for converting the various weapon, armor, engine, and heat management stats into Alpha Strike stats. The biggest hurdle is... well... getting PV value.

EDIT:

Also, sorry for taking so damn long in replying. Didn't have this threat on my notify list.

FenderSaxbey

• Corporal
Regarding SSW, the Battleforce tab actually does 90% of the conversion for you since Alpha Strike is really Battleforce 2/Quick Strike repurposed. The PV isn't right and specials are wrong or missing in some cases, but the SZ, TMM, MV, Damage, OV, Armor and Structure should be right IME.

MechWarriorFox

• Corporal
Regarding SSW, the Battleforce tab actually does 90% of the conversion for you since Alpha Strike is really Battleforce 2/Quick Strike repurposed. The PV isn't right and specials are wrong or missing in some cases, but the SZ, TMM, MV, Damage, OV, Armor and Structure should be right IME.
Thank you for the heads up then. I just need the PV right now. Use the card provided to help with the process (the generator won't allow me to make a card without a PV value, so I had to put the original's PV value in there instead).

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
That card would be PV 39.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

MechWarriorFox

• Corporal
That card would be PV 39.
Thank you, is there a 'how-to' guide for this sort of thing because the ones I've found are... lacking or require you to know everything.

Register