Register Register

Author Topic: New to Alpha Strike  (Read 479 times)

Ft_Hood

• Recruit
New to Alpha Strike
« on: 03 December 2020, 05:45:28 »
Have a quick question about Special Abilities for a Firestarter Mek, it shows a special ability "REARO */-/-" What is the range of this rear mounted weapon when it reads */-/- ??

Also, where can I find the explanation in the new commanders source book?

Thanks! :)

Commander85

• Recruit
Re: New to Alpha Strike
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2020, 06:37:49 »
It only has short range ability. The 0* indicates something called “minimum damage”.

Before you take the shot, roll 1D6, on a 4+ you can take the shot. Otherwise it can’t do any damage that turn.

If the shot hits, it only does 1 damage.

Obviously the professionals may correct me.

Ft_Hood

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2020, 18:06:50 »
Thanks, where can I find this information? Is it in the new source book? Trying to get familiar with all of the special abilities.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2020, 19:15:31 »
Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition is the current main book. It's getting a new printing soon.

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2020, 19:22:40 »
The PDF is still available though

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2020, 20:19:28 »
It’s also in the free AS quick start rules. Minimal Damage P17.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2020, 20:44:38 »
I think the OP has the Commanders edition already. In the post he asks for a page # in the Cammanders book. I'm not at home with my book to help him, but the other commenters seem to assume he's asking what book it's in, not the page#. Just FYI.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2020, 20:54:52 »
Explanation of the REAR special starts at the bottom of pg. 78 in my version of the Commander's Edition (pdf, first printing)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2020, 21:09:18 »
The 0* is explained on page 48?  The damage page.  Minimal Damage.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2020, 21:12:25 »
Hah, that's what I get for looking at the first part of the question and not the actual question.  Whoops. :D
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Ft_Hood

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 04 December 2020, 00:33:04 »
Excellent, I found in both places....in the Commanders source book and on the AS free .pdf. That helps a lot...!!!