Register Register

Author Topic: Basing the Fortress  (Read 488 times)

TheoLehman

• Sergeant
Basing the Fortress
« on: 22 September 2021, 21:25:03 »
So I got my Fortress-Class DropShip primed and ready to paint, when I had a thought that maybe should have occurred to me sooner: should I put it on a base?  It would probably make measuring easier, and I could mark the base to divide the left and right firing arcs, but on the other hand a round base would probably exclude it from playing on hex maps.
I guess I could use magnets to make it removable, come to think of it.  I'm looking for opinions before I go searching for a big enough base.  I think the landing legs would slightly overhang on a 120mm, which are the largest I know of.

TheoLehman

• Sergeant
Re: Basing the Fortress
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2021, 23:02:33 »
I went and did it, you guys.

DevianID

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2021, 02:44:06 »
I put mine on a base too, cause I was afraid of breaking the legs

TheoLehman

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2021, 21:45:13 »
It's on magnets, too.  If it fails a landing roll the base can be its crash site.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2021, 12:14:06 »
It's on magnets, too.  If it fails a landing roll the base can be its crash site.

That's good thinking!
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Register