Register Register

Author Topic: Battlefield Support - Clarifications  (Read 427 times)

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Battlefield Support - Clarifications
« on: 24 November 2021, 11:55:38 »
I love the Battlefield Support rules (p. 54).  They are nicely written and easy to implement.  I have two questions which the latest errata does not address.

1. Offensive Aerospace Support - Light Strike.  There is an inconsistency between the paragraph section on page 54 and the chart on page 55 with respect to target number.  One says target number is 4 and the other says 5.  Looking at the number spread, I think the correct number would be 4, but an official ruling would be nice.

2. Artillery Support (p. 56). There is reference to scatter only being multiplied by 1 (instead of 2) for "artillery cannons".  However, all of the artillery support options are shot out of cannons (e.g. thumper, sniper, long tom), so it seems like these rules should be cleaned up and scatter should always just be multiplied by 1.

3. Base Target Number.  A minor point but having the chart list "Base Target Number" led me to believe it could be modified somehow.  But then the footnote reads that no modifiers are ever applied.  Might be less confusing to have the column header simply be "Target Number".

MyndkryM

• Master Sergeant
Re: Battlefield Support - Clarifications
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2021, 16:23:23 »
2. Artillery Support (p. 56). There is reference to scatter only being multiplied by 1 (instead of 2) for "artillery cannons".  However, all of the artillery support options are shot out of cannons (e.g. thumper, sniper, long tom), so it seems like these rules should be cleaned up and scatter should always just be multiplied by 1.

Check out page 47, I think you'll find your answer there. The way I read the chart, is that ART-LTC and and ART-LT are two different special types. Whatever special ability a unit has is listed in it's MUL entry, would determine which method to use.
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer