Register Register

Author Topic: Battlefield Support in Battle of Tukayyid campaign using Alpha Strike?  (Read 213 times)

1000Foot

• Private
Hi, my group is considering using Alpha Strike to run the Tukayyid Campaign, but I'm not sure how the BSP work with Alpha Strike. Do we still buy generic vehicles to run under AS? Tanks seem to be pretty easy to run with AS... should we just use the normal rules for them, or  is the intention to use the BSPs to purchase generic vehicles under the AS rules?

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
IMO, combined arms is so frictionless in Alpha Strike, you're better off just using the normal rules for tanks and infantry if you want to incorporate them. That being said I did take a stab at a conversion that IMO was at least partially successful if you're interested.

1000Foot

• Private
That's what I figured, but in that case is there a RAT for ComStar vehicles? ComStar gets 12 BS points (or 24, or 36 depending on force size) for free. Typically they use those to purchase generic "heavy wheeled vehicle" or "light tracked vehicle". If treated with more detail ala Battlemechs, I think the ComStar player would purchase slots on a vehicle RAT and then roll up the specific vehicle, just like with the mechs.

I'd also like to take a look at your conversion if you could share. Thanks!

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
I'm sure there are ComStar CV rats somewhere around, but I think you'd be fine just picking from a MUL search. There should be a BSP->PV conversion IIRC as well, so you could build your campaign force normally, and then use that conversion to pick some vehicles and infantry per scenario.

My SWAG at a conversion is attached. This is largely untested and IIRC there's some missing parts but it seemed to math ok.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2021, 10:21:37 by FenderSaxbey »

Register