Register Register

Author Topic: Custom unit stats?  (Read 811 times)

thedancingjoker

• Private
Custom unit stats?
« on: 27 April 2022, 04:56:24 »
Are there rules for converting custom units from classic rules to Alpha Strike?  I have a few customizations I would like to get stats for and despite being pretty comfy with the classic rules I'm not sure where to even start with converting them.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
Re: Custom unit stats?
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2022, 06:59:13 »
Hi there. Those rules are in AS companion.
But I think that the PV calculation got some tweaks later.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2022, 07:10:47 »
Yes, Alpha Strike Companion is still the source for rules of converting a unit to Alpha Strike.  There's a significant amount of errata to the book that you can download from https://bg.battletech.com/errata/.

There are plans to release an AS conversion/PV calculation "book" at some point, but I don't expect it any time soon.

https://mordel.net has a 'Mech designer function that does Alpha Strike calculations and shows it's work. It doesn't explain how to convert, but is a great resource for comparing your initial attempts at conversion to see what steps/rounding/etc you should go through.  Or just doing the conversion for you if you don't want to learn to do the conversions.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2022, 21:48:35 »
There are plans to release an AS conversion/PV calculation "book" at some point, but I don't expect it any time soon.

Probably a forlorn hope, but it would be great to have straight up creation rules for AS units and PV without having to go through the full rigamarole to create for classic first.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2022, 22:16:53 »
Probably a forlorn hope, but it would be great to have straight up creation rules for AS units and PV without having to go through the full rigamarole to create for classic first.

That’s more or less doable, but their is no weight for alpha strike which makes the conversion important.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Register