Register Register

Author Topic: Looking to pick up ASCE  (Read 261 times)

cloudmac

• Recruit
Looking to pick up ASCE
« on: 10 January 2021, 21:16:09 »
I'm looking to purchase a copy of ASCE and have heard that I should avoid the first edition due to errors. How many editions are there? When is the next edition expected? Thanks!

FenderSaxbey

• Corporal
Re: Looking to pick up ASCE
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2021, 22:39:33 »
IIRC, here have been at least 2 printings. Last I heard a 3rd reprint is coming "soon"; they just published the latest bit of errata and in it says there's a 2021 printing in the pipe. The pdf version hasn't been updated yet though. FWIW, I'd wait another week or so. That being said, there aren't a ton of errata for the 2020 printing, so the 2020 version should do you if you can find it.

cloudmac

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2021, 01:32:44 »
Thank you! I thought I read something about another printing coming soon, but couldn't find it again. I think I'll wait to see if they announce anything.

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2021, 01:48:13 »
errata was released for a few core books a few weeks before christmas, which means they'll be getting new printings in the nearish future - also included with ASCE are both tacops volumes and the BMM. this is in addition to the second edition of campaign operations and stratops: advanced aerospace (essentially a new BattleSpace)

it's hard to say exactly when they'll arrive, though.