Register Register

Author Topic: Multiple Mechs Grabbing Same External Cargo  (Read 341 times)

javierpra@gmail.com

• Recruit
Multiple Mechs Grabbing Same External Cargo
« on: 14 August 2022, 00:55:24 »
We came across an interesting situation that does not seem to be covered in the rule book.  I also searched on the forum but did not find an answer.

Playing capture the flag it states the flag is treated as external cargo.  To pick up external cargo mechs must be adjacent to it at the end of movement and must not conduct combat.  What if two mechs from opposing forces get adjacent to the "flag" at the same time?  What if there are more than two mechs attempting to pick it up on the same round?

Richard S.

• Sergeant
  • Coming through
Re: Multiple Mechs Grabbing Same External Cargo
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2022, 01:33:23 »
I'd just say it stays on the field until one of the contesting mechs is no longer able to pick it up (leaves, gets destroyed, etc).

pokefan548

• Lieutenant
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Re: Multiple Mechs Grabbing Same External Cargo
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2022, 08:58:06 »
We came across an interesting situation that does not seem to be covered in the rule book.  I also searched on the forum but did not find an answer.

Playing capture the flag it states the flag is treated as external cargo.  To pick up external cargo mechs must be adjacent to it at the end of movement and must not conduct combat.  What if two mechs from opposing forces get adjacent to the "flag" at the same time?  What if there are more than two mechs attempting to pick it up on the same round?
You could base it off of initiative, or have both 'Mechs make a Piloting Skill Roll and give the flag to the one with the higher MoS.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Register