Register Register

Author Topic: New Alpha Strike boxed set rulebook?  (Read 521 times)

Weirdguy

• Sergeant
New Alpha Strike boxed set rulebook?
« on: 08 August 2022, 19:27:16 »
Is the rulebook that is coming in the new Alpha Strike boxed set the exact same QuickStart rulebook you can download for free, or is it updated/expanded in any way?

It looks like it’s just the 32 page QS rules in the unboxing vids and articles I’ve seen so far. 

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: New Alpha Strike boxed set rulebook?
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2022, 20:39:26 »
Many differences.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2022, 12:25:15 »
will the free quick-start rules be getting a potential update to reflect those differences?
Agent #1053

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2022, 12:41:56 »
will the free quick-start rules be getting a potential update to reflect those differences?

I don't know. But it's not that the rules changed, but that additions were made.  Like buildings, formations, scenarios, and explanation of not just how terrain effects movement/combat, but how to place/represent the terrain in AS.
Nothing in the current quick-start rulebook is wrong/changed (Usual caveat that there might have been minor errata to AS:CE that we went ahead and applied, but I don't recall any off the top of my head.)
But the AS Box set rulebook does not have the terrain templates and standees that the Quick-Start rulebook had (since those were separate items in the box set and thefore not part of the rulebook).  So if we just replaced the quick-start rulebook with the AS box set rulebook, the new quick-start rulebook wouldn't be "playable" like the current one is. 
So it wouldn't be a simple just replace the current quick-start with the AS box set rulebook. 
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]

Register