Register Register

Author Topic: Question about the Stalker  (Read 688 times)

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Question about the Stalker
« on: 10 September 2022, 13:50:15 »
So I came across something in the MUL.

The Stalker-3F has no SRM or LRM ability.   (And doesn't show available in SL era)

The Stalker-3H does have both those abilities & is available in SL Era.

Is this an error in the MUL or is there something in the math that is removing an INTRO tech unit (No Artemis) from having LRM/SRM.

I wanted to ask you all here before pointing out as Errata if that is even what it is.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Question about the Stalker
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2022, 14:00:14 »
Heat and damage.
STK-3F has twin LRM-10s (.6 damage each at long/medium range, 1.2 total).   1+ is normally enough to get LRM. However, the STK-F has major heat issues, and this lowers the LRM damage to less than 1, so it doesn't get the special.  Similar with SRM-6s.  Each is 0.8 at medium range, for 1.6 total.  And would qualify for SRM based on that.  But the huge heat problems reduce the SRM damage to less than 1.

STK-3H drops the large lasers, and much of the heat problem.  It also has LRM-20s instead of LRM-10s, though it also has low ammo that negate some of that advantage.  But it qualifies for LRM and SRM because in large part because of the better heat efficiency.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2022, 14:02:09 »
Heat and damage.
STK-3F has twin LRM-10s (.6 damage each at long/medium range, 1.2 total).   1+ is normally enough to get LRM. However, the STK-F has major heat issues, and this lowers the LRM damage to less than 1, so it doesn't get the special.  Similar with SRM-6s.  Each is 0.8 at medium range, for 1.6 total.  And would qualify for SRM based on that.  But the huge heat problems reduce the SRM damage to less than 1.

STK-3H drops the large lasers, and much of the heat problem.  It also has LRM-20s instead of LRM-10s, though it also has low ammo that negate some of that advantage.  But it qualifies for LRM and SRM because in large part because of the better heat efficiency.

Thanks Nckestel !!    I was thinking maybe it had to do w/ the large overheat values or something.

Any idea why it doesn't show up as Available in the SL Era?

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2022, 14:08:53 »
It is.  IS General, merc, Periphery General and Star League General for Star League era.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2022, 00:58:34 »
I'm dumb, I realized I wasn't seeing it because I had the SRM filter still on there when I looked before and as we discussed it doesn't have it.