Register Register

Author Topic: Smoke - Applies only to ... what?  (Read 252 times)

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Smoke - Applies only to ... what?
« on: 17 November 2021, 23:21:41 »
Alpha Commanders Edition, the chart on p. 58 has a footnote for smoke stating...

"** Applies only to attacks that pass through this environmental feature, regardless of attacker type."

I'm not entirely sure what this means.  I think the first part is clarifying that just because a mech might be touching the smoke, they do not receive the target modifier unless the attack traces through the smoke.  This would be a deviation from, for example, woods where the mech would get the bonus even if they just touch it.  Is this interpretation correct?

However, I am completely baffled with what the final part is trying to say --> "regardless of attacker type".  What does that mean?

Thank you so much!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
Re: Smoke - Applies only to ... what?
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2021, 00:45:29 »
Doesn’t matter if it’s IF, arty, aero or a regular weapon attack. Or I guess even a physical attack that comes from the MEL special ability which provides some range.

Captain Punka

• Sergeant
Re: Smoke - Applies only to ... what?
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2021, 01:20:47 »
Thanks for the reply.  But is not "regardless of attacker type" sort of the standard rule.  In other words, why even have that wording in there.  If you remove it, it would still apply to all types of attackers.

I must be missing something.  :)