Register Register

Author Topic: What are your plans???  (Read 1363 times)

MyndkryM

• Master Sergeant
What are your plans???
« on: 30 November 2022, 21:13:27 »
While eagerly awaiting my Alpha Strike Box Set, I'm debating how I'm going to paint and organize the 'Mechs.

I'm really tempted to fill out the IS 'Mechs to a full company using the upcoming Northwind Highlander Command Lance (and painting them accordingly).

The Clan 'Mechs....I don't know  :-\  The Warhawk has me thinking Scorpion Empire.

"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

Fabe

• Corporal
Re: What are your plans???
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2022, 00:44:03 »
I'm planing on putting together my own non-canon mercenary unit. Still struggling on how to paint them.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2022, 02:02:51 »
I think ill end up using the majority of them.
but theyll all be broken up, although mainly into FWL and laio.

it pains me but i might have to get rid of the Warhawk.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2022, 20:35:25 »
Honestly I have so many of most of these.......

WarHawk      -      Current 3 Warhawks in 13WG, Falcon Guard, Jag Spots.   A 4th isn't needed but maybe Wolf Grey.
TimberWolf   -      6 in 13WG*2, Wolf Grey, Wolf Beta, Falcon Guard, Jag Spots.   A 6th could be something new.
Nova      -      3-4?   13th WG, Wolf Grey, Falcon Guard, & Undecided?   A 5th isn't needed.
Pouncer      -      1 in Wolf Grey.      Not sure what I'd do with 2nd.
FireMoth   -      1 in 13th WG.   2nd would go to the Jags I think.

Atlas      -      3 Lament, Lyran Guard, & SoL.   4th would go Davion Guard I think.
Archer      -      4 in Lyran Guard, Kell Hounds, Dragoons, & undecided.    5th maybe Marik Milz or Ryuken.
WarHammer   -      4 in Davion *2, Dragoon, undecided.  5th could go Lyran Guard or Marik Milz.
Wraith      -      1 in Marik Milz, so the 2nd could go to FW Guards.
Phoenix Hawk   -      4 in Ryuken, Freedom Theatre Milz, FS Armored Cav, Davion Guards..... #5 to Marik Milz
Black Jack   -      1 in Black Wind Lancers.  2nd could go another CC or maybe Draconis March Milz.
Stinger/Wasp   -      I forget which it is but I have 4+ of both, so anywhere.
Locust      -      6+ Locusts in Lament, Freedom Theatre Milz, Ceti Hussars, Marik Milz, Ryuken, RotS Guards.  So #7, Undecided.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Lanceman

• Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2023, 12:36:53 »
If you follow the short story that comes with it: The IS mechs are Highlanders and the Clan mechs are Jade Falcons.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2023, 12:45:39 »
Locust: 2nd Arkab Legion
Atlas: Lyran Guards
Wasp: 2nd Arkab Legion
Wraith: WoB 48th Shadow Division
Warhammer: Undecided
Archer: Undecided
Phoenix Hawk: 2nd Arkab Legion
Blackjack: Undecided

Nova: Clan Snow Raven Alpha Galaxy
Timber Wolf: Clan Coyote Epsilon Galaxy
Pouncer: Clan Coyote Epsilon Galaxy
Fire Moth: Undecided
Warhawk: Undecided
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

BattleTech players: Throwing the baby out with the bathwater since 1984!
"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2023, 16:27:39 »
It is a Warhawk C, you have to paint it yellow.

Warhammers and Phoenix Hawks are always welcome, the Archer just a bit behind . . . but another Blackjack?  Locust?  Atlas?  The only reason I would not pass them to my kid is they are variants.  I have a metal Wraith, so a 2nd is fine.

Hellraiser, no Timberwolves in Inner Sphere colors?  I put the last box set's premium plastic Timber Wolf in the 1FSAC regiment.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces.

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2023, 16:37:55 »
Hellraiser, no Timberwolves in Inner Sphere colors?  I put the last box set's premium plastic Timber Wolf in the 1FSAC regiment.
That is a thought, I normally just paint what is faction appropriate, but, there is enough salvage even by the CW era that I could get away with some cross-over mechs.

I think it just comes down to realizing I'll never need 7 Timberwolves on the board at once.
I think in 33 years since the clans arrived I've seen maybe 2-3 on the table at once.
I might have to think about downsizing soon (scary thoughts)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register