Register Register

Author Topic: What comes in the new Alpha:Strike box set ??  (Read 1086 times)

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
What comes in the new Alpha:Strike box set ??
« on: 30 November 2022, 14:18:50 »
Title says it succinctly.

What's in it ??
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Last Edit: 30 November 2022, 14:43:07 by nckestrel »
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
Re: What comes in the new Alpha:Strike box set ??
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2022, 00:31:50 »
Ok, cool.

Is there an official Alpha Strike rulebook out in print somewhere?

Sorry for the newb questions, I've honestly haven't gotten into Alpha Strike yet to this point and I'm curious as to what I may need to get up to speed.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2022, 00:59:04 »
The alpha strike book is all in one*.

Alpha Strike: Commanders Edition

* No conversion rules tho. For them you need the otherwise depreciated Alpha Strike Companion and copious amounts of errata
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2022, 01:04:26 »
Ok, Damn, A lot of hunting then ??

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2022, 01:27:03 »
Not... really?

Most of your needs will be filled by the MUL website for Alpha Strike. And for BT vanilla, the various record sheet sources.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2022, 01:30:41 »
Is the MUL website for Alpha Strike a separate site apart from the MUL ??

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2022, 01:41:18 »
Is the MUL website for Alpha Strike a separate site apart from the MUL ??

Nope. It's integrated. If you play around with the Unit and Force tabs, you'll see that you can create and print out Black and White Alpha Strike cards on a sheet. If you print on cardstock, you can cut out the cards separately if you like.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2022, 01:46:29 »
Ok, Thx for the much needed info !!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2022, 01:48:57 »
Ok, Thx for the much needed info !!

Indeed. The resource is supposed to help you get to either the information or the product you need. Good luck and enjoy the game.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #10 on: 02 December 2022, 03:00:22 »
The MUL is an amazing resource for prepping for Alpha Strike games. Depending on how you want to organise them, it's trivially simple to see lists for 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, ASF, etc etc for a given faction at a given period. You can go window-shopping, or (like me) scan the minis you have to see a force you can start building with. Helps having the formation guidelines written down handy - eg if you want a Pursuit lance, you need X Y and Z, and so on.

Getting deeper, you can go looking for "What's available to Mercs in FCCW period with IT8" (eg. carries two squads of BA), or "has IF4" (lots of indirect fire), and so on and so on. Friend of mine went looking for designs that jump farther than usual (JMPS1) in order to buy minis from IWM.

Ghu has blessed the MUL, and honour to the MUL team!  :thumbsup:
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Deathknight69

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2022, 01:05:55 »
I broke down and ordered the AS box set from B&N to make sure I can get a copy before too long...

Charistoph

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2022, 14:19:23 »
My local FLGS got a whole case, which I think is more than we have players at the moment!  Even more when you consider that I'm less likely to want to get one as I'm not a fan of the new 'Mechs, and the rest I want to pack they come in anyway.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Register