Register Register

Author Topic: Where are conversion rules  (Read 758 times)

Louie N

• Warrant Officer
Where are conversion rules
« on: 01 August 2021, 12:30:20 »
I am having a brain lapse.

Which book has the BT to Alpha strike conversion rules?

Thanks

Sartris

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Semi-Sentient MUL Roomba
    • Master Unit List
Re: Where are conversion rules
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2021, 12:52:36 »
AS Companion

Daritus1988

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2021, 11:52:17 »
Seems to be needed in a future Bookk...

Zakerst

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2021, 13:20:22 »
I was just coming here to ask the same question since the Commander's edition my group has says it should be in the downloads page from the main website, but I couldn't find it there and we don't currently have a copy of the Companion.
So seems I'm S.O.L. until I get my hands on the Companion or it gets posted to the downloads page yeah?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2021, 13:26:26 »
Exactly
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Zakerst

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2021, 13:42:10 »
Well darn, I was kinda hoping I missed something. Thanks for the response. Can't buy the PDF off the store either... off to the land of second hand book stores for me.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2021, 13:47:15 by Zakerst »

rjhancock

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2021, 17:27:17 »
Well darn, I was kinda hoping I missed something. Thanks for the response. Can't buy the PDF off the store either... off to the land of second hand book stores for me.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/131744/BattleTech-Alpha-Strike-Companion

Granted it's not CGL's store, but it's available still.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2021, 15:01:28 »
conversion rules do work, but you have to also take into account the updated heat rules and errata PLUS a thread on these forums.

Louie N

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2021, 18:19:36 »
What updated heat rules?

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2021, 18:26:27 »
What updated heat rules?

The AS Companion hasn't been updated with errata, so to get the conversions right with up-to-date rules, you have to also reference the two errata documents found here.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 27 September 2021, 00:29:13 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/alpha-strike-101/pv-revision-public-review-feedback-wanted/510/

This thread as well. It actually mentions something about agile modifier for pv calcs that isn’t mentioned in the errata

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #11 on: 27 September 2021, 06:19:18 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/alpha-strike-101/pv-revision-public-review-feedback-wanted/510/

This thread as well. It actually mentions something about agile modifier for pv calcs that isn’t mentioned in the errata

The agile modifier is in the ASC errata document.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 30 September 2021, 23:47:18 »
Yeah I found that after the fact. The errata isn’t very readable unfortunately- I’ve been working on a web form that will convert an mtf file from megameklab to alpha strike stats that could be inputted into the mul site alpha strike card generator that will be accurate and have the correct pv

rjhancock

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 01 October 2021, 12:14:19 »
Yeah I found that after the fact. The errata isn’t very readable unfortunately- I’ve been working on a web form that will convert an mtf file from megameklab to alpha strike stats that could be inputted into the mul site alpha strike card generator that will be accurate and have the correct pv

The MegaMek team is working on that as well but it will be a ways off to be sure.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2021, 07:16:09 »
So far I've managed to create a web page that does it all in JS, for the most part its accurate just doesnt include any bonuses lik probe and IF etc built in yet. That requires a bit more tooling. But honestly from within the mech configurator it would probably be easier.

Register