Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Aerospace, Air to Air Example Initiative  (Read 127 times)

OnlyAFreeBorn

• Recruit
(Answered) Aerospace, Air to Air Example Initiative
« on: 24 August 2021, 22:02:34 »
Hi,

I'm still using 3rd edition commander. I was solo playing a match with aerospace to try the system out. I started to look at the air to air system and noticed that the example on page 185 says, "Side A won Initiative for this turn. Side A starts the Combat Phase as the Initiative winner. A1 makes an attack on B1." And later on in the example, "Now it is Side B's turn for the Combat Phase." This indicates to me that the Initiative winner gets to attack first. Which is the opposite of what the Introduction section says so I combed the Aerospace section to make sure I hadn't missed special initiative rules.

I know aerospace get their own movement phase, but not combat, right? Nor do the rules allow the Initiative winner to use them first?
« Last Edit: 25 August 2021, 01:26:37 by Xotl »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Aerospace, Air to Air Example Initiative
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2021, 22:38:06 »
Initiative winner goes last for combat.
The example will need errata, thanks.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Register