Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Alpha Strike - Turret Special Ability on Quadmechs  (Read 378 times)

Seawolf2037

• Recruit
My search-fu appears to be a bit on the lacking side, but here is my query. Can a Quadmech be given the turret special ability? My understanding is that the design has to be created with the standard Battletech Construction rules, then converted. However, I don't see a specific call out for 'Mech Turrets that would grant the turret ability in conversion. It seams that turret is a cart blanch ability. So if the quadmech is converted without a 'Mech Turret it stands to reason that it won't be granted the turret special ability. Is that correct?
« Last Edit: 11 May 2021, 20:52:55 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Alpha Strike - Turret Special Ability on Quadmechs
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2021, 19:14:29 »
Yes, 'mechs with turrets get the turret special ability.  Conversion rules are currently in the Alpha Strike Companion.  The rules for converting turrets is on p 133.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Seawolf2037

• Recruit
Re: Alpha Strike - Turret Special Ability on Quadmechs
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2021, 20:10:35 »
Thanks nckestrel. That answers an presumption that I was under for a while.