Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Jagermech JM6-S  (Read 230 times)

Nahuris

• Captain
(Answered) Jagermech JM6-S
« on: 19 January 2021, 12:04:08 »
I am curious as to how the Jagermech gets a damage profile of 3/3/2 in the MUL ..... as that seems a bit high, with a max TW damage of 24 with all 4 autocannons and both medium lasers
I am sure it is right, in that I am missing something in the formula, but am curious as to the reason it seems to get a damage boost, in 3025, without targeting computers, etc.

Is it the heat ratio?

Nahuris
« Last Edit: 18 February 2021, 14:06:52 by Xotl »
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Jagermech JM6-S
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2021, 14:06:46 »
Two 5-cannons plus two medium lasers plus two 2-cannons (5+5+5+5+2+2) adds up to 24, which in Alpha Strike becomes 2.4, rounding up to 3.  The Jagermech 6-S doesn't have any heat issues worth caring about, so there's no reduction there.

Similarly, the long range damage comes from all four cannons (5+5+2+2) for a total of 14, becoming 1.4, rounding up to 2.  The cannons will suffer minimum-range-related penalties at short range, but if the total remains above 2.0 by even the smallest fraction, it will still round up to 3.

The rounding-up nature of the conversion process means that almost every Intro-tech unit that relies on smaller autocannons gains immensely in combat utility in Alpha Strike as compared to standard Battletech, because they often just barely meet thresholds to round up their damage ratings.
3028-3050 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info and Quirk lists.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Nahuris

• Captain
Re: (Answered) Jagermech JM6-S
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2021, 22:58:16 »
Thank You VERY much

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."