Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Alternate Map Terrain & Alpha Strike  (Read 358 times)

BTGuderian

• Private
(Answered) Alternate Map Terrain & Alpha Strike
« on: 10 April 2022, 11:37:10 »
I recently bought the BATTLE OF TUKAYYID map pack. The maps incorporate a variety of new and different terrain features and associated rules for them. Clearly these were intended for Classic Battletech, but I am wondering which if any of these terrain features have rules for official Alpha Strike games? I am trying to determine which of these maps can be permitted in Alpha Strike tournaments.

Any official guidance on official rulings for AS terrain rules in the Tukayyid and other map packs would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2022, 00:47:05 by Xotl »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Alternate Map Terrain & Alpha Strike
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2022, 13:13:12 »
Hex maps don’t support Alpha Strike.  The Alpha Strike rulebook’s terrain rules (and advanced terrain) will cover almost all terrain but would not necessarily cover the new map rules in Tukayyid.  There are rules in the rule sheet that do not have direct AS “translations”.  I’m not aware of any terrain marked on the map sheets that do not have a direct AS translation, but it was not a requirement for the product, so I can’t be certain.
If that’s a requirement for you, then the Tukayyid mapsheets will not work for you.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]

BTGuderian

• Private
Re: Alternate Map Terrain & Alpha Strike
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2022, 19:29:10 »
Ok thank you.