Register Register

Author Topic: (Answered) Urban Combat Building Weight Capacity  (Read 305 times)

MyndkryM

• Master Sergeant
(Answered) Urban Combat Building Weight Capacity
« on: 01 June 2022, 17:49:07 »
In the 4th Ed. AS:CE Urban Combat Section (pg. 72), the example provided in the Building Weight Capacity rules indicates the each level of that medium building has a weight limit of 2. The AS Buildings Table on page 73 has it listed as Weight Capacity (per 1" height).

I had someone say that a 2" medium building could support a size 4 'mech on the roof, and just looking at the Table I'd agree. Am I reading the rule and example wrong?

« Last Edit: 03 June 2022, 08:37:43 by nckestrel »
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Urban Combat Building Weight Capacity
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2022, 17:55:04 »
The weight limits cannot be combined.  They are completely separate for each level.  Each level can have its weight level total.
You can have a medium mech on each level.  2 is not greater than the weight limit in any level. Each level is calculated independently, so no level has exceeded its weight limit.
You cannot have a heavy mech on the building at all. 3 is greater than the weight limit in any level.
You can’t have two medium mechs on the roof (the same level). 4 is greater than the weight limit of the level.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets]

MyndkryM

• Master Sergeant
Re: Urban Combat Building Weight Capacity
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2022, 18:05:23 »
Ah....cool. Thank you.

Would this be something worth an errata to the wording on the Table? Change (per 1" height) to (each 1" level)?
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer