Register Register

Author Topic: IO: Alternative Eras and missing weapons/equipment  (Read 798 times)

RifleMech

• Major
IO: Alternative Eras and missing weapons/equipment
« on: 09 February 2022, 09:32:47 »
Hi,

I'm sorry if these have been asked before but I couldn't find the answers. :(  Will the new split off version of IO: Alternative Eras include all the weapons, equipment, and ammo from the sourcebooks that were missed the first time around? Seeing Prototype Improved Jump Jets in the errata has me hopeful. :)

I was also wondering, if any equipment from older rule books like Tactical Handbook would be included?  I ask because TacOps does reference a couple but legally they can't be used.

TacOp references (the bold is mine)
Glazed Armor pg 92
The resulting high gloss alloy sharply reduced the effects of laser and flamer fire, but initially proved over-sensitive to the localized subsurface heating effects of particle cannon fire.

Caseless Autocannons pg 164
The result—a lighter shell—allowed for more firing rounds per ton than normal autocannons could boast, but forced designers to briefly explore an alternative weapon to handle the munitions.

Those quotes take me back to Tactical Handbook and the equipment there. The other items in that book and others are still fun and interesting to use. They're also consistent with the IO: Alternative Era's themes of limited era use of prototype, primitive, and rare equipment. Including all these items would make it easier to find and use them, as well as game legal. :) So I was wondering if the split IO would be including them?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: IO: Alternative Eras and missing weapons/equipment
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2022, 11:29:44 »
The only equipment added was either equipment that was published after IO was initially released, or any absence that was errata—I’d check there.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

RifleMech

• Major
Re: IO: Alternative Eras and missing weapons/equipment
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2022, 13:53:13 »
Okay. Maybe they'll get included in the future one day. Thanks :)

Register