Register Register

Author Topic: How many Castles Brian are on Terra Firma?  (Read 365 times)

Hotham

• Sergeant
How many Castles Brian are on Terra Firma?
« on: 19 August 2022, 00:25:17 »
The latest information on Castles Brian situated on Terra Firma comes from Shattered Fortress, pg. 65 where only a single complex is mentioned. But I'm erring on the side of caution to get a definitive answer.

The Sarna Wiki mentions that Terra Firma has five Castles Brian and references Historical Liberation of Terra: Volume II as a source. However, after combing through Volume II and I, I couldn't find evidence of a set number of Castles Brian located on world.

I suspect whoever edited that information may have mistaken Tyrfing, which is listed as having five Castles Brians, for Terra Firma. So, is it safe to assume that Terra Firma has one Castles Brian, or is there another source to look to?
"My mother told me to never throw stones at Davions. But my father told me, aim for their heads." - Daoshen Liao

"Call me, when you need me." - Danai Centrella-Liao

"Bath him, then bring him to my chambers." - Romano Liao

The Warrior Houses are the closest thing BattleTech has to the Jedi Order. Change my mind.

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: How many Castles Brian are on Terra Firma?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2022, 02:15:19 »
The Sarna Wiki mentions that Terra Firma has five Castles Brian and references Historical Liberation of Terra: Volume II as a source. However, after combing through Volume II and I, I couldn't find evidence of a set number of Castles Brian located on world.

Whilst I'm not LD, Liberation of Terra: Volume I does indeed list the number of Castles Brian and SDS on p81. Terra Firma is listed as having 5, so Sarna is correct.

As for Shattered Fortress p65 - "the troops occupying Terra Firma gained access to the planet’s Castle Brian complex" - that could refer to it in a number of manners. The term 'complex' could be being used to describe all 5 Brian's, although admittedly 'complexes' would have been better word to use. Alternatively, it just means that a single Castle Brian survived in a usable form by 3149.

A cursory look through the Jihad materials doesn't mention how many Castles were on Terra Firma, and nor do The Star League sourcebook, FM:SLDF, ER:2750, or Historical: First Succession War either.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Hotham

• Sergeant
Re: How many Castles Brian are on Terra Firma?
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2022, 08:51:44 »
Thanks.
"My mother told me to never throw stones at Davions. But my father told me, aim for their heads." - Daoshen Liao

"Call me, when you need me." - Danai Centrella-Liao

"Bath him, then bring him to my chambers." - Romano Liao

The Warrior Houses are the closest thing BattleTech has to the Jedi Order. Change my mind.