Register Register

Author Topic: Sea Fox Military Doctrine  (Read 1202 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Dark Neurohelmet
Sea Fox Military Doctrine
« on: 22 November 2013, 18:39:48 »
Field Manual 3145 implies (if not outright states) that an Aimag is approximately equivalent to a Cluster, at least in military strength, since it lists the Clan's total strength as thirty Clusters and there are thirty Aimags. Based on this, I have two questions:

1) Do the Sea Foxes still use Shark-style Cluster organization, with six Trinaries in a full-strength Cluster and a separate command Star composed of four 'Mechs and two aerofighters, as described in FM: Warden Clans?

2) ovKhans are described as being the leaders of Aimags, and since Aimags are seemingly equivalent to Clusters, this would seem to greatly constrict the opportunities to advance to the rank of Star Colonel, the traditional Cluster-command rank of the Clans. Are Star Colonels rare among the Foxes outside of the aide-to-saKhan role they play? Or are Star Colonels simply the commanders of the military portion of Aimags?
"Get me some tribal drums and some wordless chanting or get the ****** out."
- Me, on the comparison of the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack to all other Mechwarrior soundtracks

"Tragically, all the Taurians have is Mister Pibb. It's why they're so angry all the time."
- Liam's Ghost

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Sea Fox Military Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2013, 19:41:58 »
Hi,

These questions sound familiar to me. This thread may help you.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,33290.0.html

Thanks,

- Herb

Kojak

• Major
  • Dark Neurohelmet
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2013, 21:03:18 »
Thank you for the link, but I had actually seen that thread; it was partially what spurred these questions. They are distinct from the questions asked in the linked thread, which is the only reason I posted this topic, because I didn't want to ask you guys questions you'd already answered. I don't mean to pester you, of course, but I do feel these questions are legitimately different from those asked by Bergie.
- Me, on the comparison of the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack to all other Mechwarrior soundtracks

"Tragically, all the Taurians have is Mister Pibb. It's why they're so angry all the time."
- Liam's Ghost

Kojak

• Major
  • Dark Neurohelmet
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2020, 03:48:47 »
Resurrecting this because this thread made me realize I'd never gotten an answer to these questions.

- Liam's Ghost