Register Register

Author Topic: Why were there no TRO: 3085 infantry stats for FedCom Regiment infantry?  (Read 360 times)

Hominid Mk II

• Master Sergeant
  • Unofficial, sure. But better than nothing, right?
I don't have my books to hand at the moment, but I've just realized this... in TRO:3085 we got all those detailed stats for so many other different types of conventional infantry platoons, but not the main one that I'd have been interested in.

There should have been stats given for infantry serving in the Federated Commonwealth Regiments, who were created to be loyal to the FC as a whole over either of its distinctive halves and whose stats should be an evenly blended mixture of traits from both Steiner space and Davion space . But no such stats evere given, to the best of my recollection anyway.

Were such stats in fact given and I've simply overlooked or forgotten then? If so, where will I find them?

Or is this simply an oversight on the part of you guys? If so, now that I've brought it to your attention, is there any chance that maybe you will give us such stats at some point in the future?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

--John Nada, in They Live (1988)

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
  • Freshly Minted Line Developer
Why would it be an oversight?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Hominid Mk II

• Master Sergeant
Why would it be an oversight?

Uh, because it seems to me that it has to be either an oversight or a deliberate choice? And I'm asking which of the two it is, and why (if you're not prohibited from telling me for some reason)?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
There is no FedCom in 3085. Am I missing something?
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Hominid Mk II

• Master Sergeant
There is no FedCom in 3085. Am I missing something?

Uh... yes, I think you are, actually. Many people (including me) like setting campaigns in past historical eras as much as in the present-day one. So stats for FedCom Regiment infantry would be useful for us. You took the trouble to include rules, costs and BVs for MMLs firing Dead-Fire Missiles in Interstellar Operations, even though DFMs had gone extinct by the time MMLs were developed, out of what I assume was an admirable determination to be as thorough and complete as possible. So why not go the extra mile and take the trouble to include stats for FedCom Regiment infantry too?

Edit: Why not include them in the New Units section the next time you publish a sourcebook or supplement that's set some time during the all-too-brief FedCom era?
« Last Edit: 04 September 2020, 19:12:44 by Hominid Mk II »

Adrian Gideon

• Battletech Developer
  • Major
Thanks for clarifying. Nothing wrong with any of that, but you asked why they weren’t included in TRO 3085. Because unlike the rest of the infantry depicted, they no longer existed at the time.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Hominid Mk II

• Master Sergeant
Thanks for clarifying. Nothing wrong with any of that, but you asked why they weren’t included in TRO 3085. Because unlike the rest of the infantry depicted, they no longer existed at the time.

OK, misunderstanding all cleared up. Great!  :)

But even though you had your reasons for not doing it then, there's still no reason you can't do it in the future, is there... ?  :thumbsup: