Register Register

Author Topic: Alaric Ward  (Read 478 times)

General308

• Lieutenant
Alaric Ward
« on: 23 November 2021, 16:25:15 »
So Alaric. With Vlad being his Gene-father according to legends and with Katherine Steiner-Davion being his Gene-mother how did he qualify for the Ward blood name when your bloodname eligiblity is decided based on your Gene-mother?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Re: Alaric Ward
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2021, 16:41:33 »
So Alaric. With Vlad being his Gene-father according to legends and with Katherine Steiner-Davion being his Gene-mother how did he qualify for the Ward blood name when your bloodname eligiblity is decided based on your Gene-mother?

In the clans, any warrior can be a "Gene-mother" -- it's not based on the gender of the warrior. So Vlad Ward could be Alaric's Gene-mother because it is based on the warrior's DNA, not their gender.

Of course, old Alaric has some skeletons in his closet about his background..... ^-^

Craig
Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Warrior's Song," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and the Novels Icons of War and Vengence Games

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

General308

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2021, 16:55:32 »
I am aware Vlad could be his Genemother if it was done that way.  But that isn't what was done with Alaric. Per the Canon Vlad is
the Gene father.  Example page 104 Battletech Legends  stats Vlad is the Gene father and page 156 Battletech Legends states Kat is the Gene mother.

And yes Vlad has some Skeletons.  But with the official records saying Kat is the Genemother again how does he qualify for the Ward Blood name?

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2021, 00:18:22 »
Locked because double posted
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Register