Register Register

Author Topic: ELH Fiction  (Read 244 times)

lrose

• Master Sergeant
ELH Fiction
« on: 27 August 2021, 18:41:56 »
I am really enjoying the series of ELH stories.  I had a few questions

1) How did you decided what stories to tell- did everyone just pick something or was it planned out?  I ask this because there seems to be 1 important event that is covered- Colonel Bronson, the ELH's relocation to the Periphery and (eventually) the fighting against the Horde.  Was it felt there wasn't enough of a story there or it just wasn't selected/proposed?

2) In the Hand That Feeds Major Nigel has a son Jameson - is he supposed to be the same Major Jameson Nigel who is written up in the original Merc Handbook?  I ask this because the write up in Merc Handbook says he was born to poor parents in the support division of the ELH which doesn't match with his father command a battalion in the 21st Striker.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Re: ELH Fiction
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2021, 19:46:22 »
I am really enjoying the series of ELH stories.  I had a few questions

1) How did you decided what stories to tell- did everyone just pick something or was it planned out?  I ask this because there seems to be 1 important event that is covered- Colonel Bronson, the ELH's relocation to the Periphery and (eventually) the fighting against the Horde.  Was it felt there wasn't enough of a story there or it just wasn't selected/proposed?

I can answer the first question....

The call went out for submissions, and we sent pitches in. They decided which pitches they liked and notified the authors they selected. Simple as that....

Craig
Author -- "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "Snipe Hunt," "Groundpounder," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Color of Authority," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Warrior's Song," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and the Novel, Icons of War.

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/