Register Register

Author Topic: How were crowns first introduced into the outer space neo-feudal sphere?  (Read 527 times)

dermoda

• Recruit
I'm referring to the actual physical objects of crowns. So Prince Charles has now become King Charles III, and he's going to be crowned with St. Edward's crown, his coronation ceremony.

And so I'm inspired by this to ask this question, how were crowns first introduced to the new royal dynasties of the outer space states?
« Last Edit: 04 October 2022, 02:11:57 by dermoda »

dermoda

• Recruit
in the intro to Battletech, we see that over 200 years after the death of James McKenna, Ian Cameron has a coronation ceremony of becoming the first First Lord of the Star League

https://youtu.be/PAGY4UMScyU?t=61

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
I did a keyword search in the library and the subject of physical crowns never really comes up (at least not in anything that's been OCR'd).

The closest is the crowned skull featured in the logo for the New Belt Pirates
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
It's really not a thing that's been, or likely will be, detailed.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech