Register Register

Author Topic: Tank pictured on page 124 of Total Chaos  (Read 1392 times)

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Tank pictured on page 124 of Total Chaos
« on: 24 June 2012, 13:57:30 »
Well, the topic already sums it up.

I am at a loss what type of tank is pictured on page 124 of the Total Chaos PDF.

It looks familiar, but I can not relate it to any tank picture of the TROs. At least non that I remember.

Which means eather it is a new design or my memory beginns to deteriorate. (I would prefer # 1 ;))

By the way, the picture looks awesome. Praise to the artist!

Thanks in advance

EW

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Tank pictured on page 124 of Total Chaos
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2012, 23:03:25 »
Unsure, but some have suggested it's a Goblin. That'd certainly match the Goblin's weapon layout, and explain the nearby infantry.
The tank on the bridge in the background seems to be the same type.

I think few will disagree with you concerning the awesomeness of the picture or the artist responsible. =)

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Re: Tank pictured on page 124 of Total Chaos
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2012, 11:06:27 »
Thank you for your quick response.  :)

Yes, the stats would be fitting. The art of the 3058 upgrade differs a lot, though. But this could be explained away by claiming that the one shown in Total Chaos had gotten a face lifting to increase sales figures.
It works out fine nowadays for the automotive industries so why not stick to it in the future.  Come to think of it,  that is exactly what had been done in TRO 3058 Project Phoenix and 3085 ONN in a way.  Might be a nice way to resole the Unseen issue. ;) No one in his right mind would believe that any design was in production for 300+ years without even superficial alterations.
If the stats were not that different I would have thought of it as the upgraded version from 3085 ONN.

One has to wonder though, how it is possible to cram 28+ fully armed Soldiers in such a compact tank. Maybe only recruits not cut for battle armor training are assigned to mechanized platoons sporting Goblins as IFVs.  :D

Greetings
EW

Register