Register Register

Author Topic: Handbook: Liao Question  (Read 1878 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Handbook: Liao Question
« on: 29 March 2011, 17:20:50 »
Howdy

I had two questions regarding Handbook: Liao.  Which thought was fantastic job by the way!

1) Was the approach to writing this history side of the book, done deliberately from the Capellan point of view done fix the problems of the original House Book? I found that earlier history, involving the founding Liao of the dynasty, Elias Liao, was a purview perspective verses ComStar bias.

2) Thomas (Planet) - Is this planet who was personal holding of Pavel Ridzik, still considered a canon world?  Last mentioning of it was in TRO:3039, in Quickdraw's notable pilots: Major Jeffery Saphara. The world wasn't in any of the maps in the Handbook.  Double planet thing maybe?

Thank you for your time!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

J_Schmetzer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Master Sergeant
Re: Handbook: Liao Question
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2011, 17:37:43 »
1.) Sort of... all of the Handbooks have native authors.  But yes--there were a lot of holes in the House book.
2.) I believe if it's not on a map, it's not there.  That being said, there are many multiple-habitable-world systems in the Confederation (and elsewhere); Thomas may be one of those.
I sometimes write things. Sometimes they're spelled right. Not often.

My Top 10 BattleTech Novels
Advice on Finding Shrapnel Story Ideas
How to Write for Sourcebooks

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Handbook: Liao Question
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2011, 19:09:32 »
Ahhh. I hoping find out about if the old events were still considered canon. I hadn't noticed how differient native perspective was until your book was published.   It really was a great read.

As for Thomas, i hope some fleshes that out. 

Thank you for your answers!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki