Register Register

Author Topic: Planetlifter: Tactical Support Aircraft vs. Support Aircraft vs. Support?  (Read 381 times)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
(A) Planetlifter Support Aircraft - XTRO: Corporations, p. 16.
(B) Planetlifter Tactical Support Aircraft - TRO: Prototypes, pp. 160-161 and RS: Prototypes (PDF), p. 80
(C) Planetlifter Support - TRO: Prototypes, pp. 160, "Variants"

(A) and (B) appear to be identical. The MUL has two listed: (D) Planetlifter Support Aircraft (Standard) with XTRO: Corporations as the source, and (E) Planetlifter Tactical Support Aircraft (Standard) with RS: Prototypes and TRO: Prototypes as the sources. (Both have a BV of 475 listed.) The difference between these two (besides the misspelling of AECM) is the MHQ value and PV. The variant (C) described in TRO:Prototypes "surrenders the advanced electronics and stealth armor in favor of a much larger missile magazine," matches neither of the MUL listings. The lower MHQ value of (E) would suggest that it is the variant, but it also has stealth armor, which the variant drops.

I'm planning to report errata somewhere, I just don't know where without knowing what, exactly, is wrong. Are versions (A) and (B) the same aircraft model? If so, what is the correct name? Is there an unpublished record sheet for the downgraded variant (C)? Should there be two or three MUL entries?

(edit: Either I'm going nuts or the misspelling was corrected.)
« Last Edit: 03 May 2021, 15:24:27 by Cache »

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
For anyone following along, this was resolved.

(A) and (B) are the same and were combined/corrected: Planetlifter Tactical Support Aircraft
(C) was given a new entry: Planetlifter Support. No published record sheet or AS card.

Register