Register Register

Author Topic: Chaos Campaign  (Read 83 times)

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
Chaos Campaign
« on: 25 July 2021, 10:51:22 »
Hello,
I was just reading Chaos Campaign and I have some questions. (I also read Chaos Campaign V2.2-and I cannot remember where I found it.)

1)If I buy or roll on a table and receive an omni mech then I choose which variant.
So, how do I aquire the material for the other variants or how do I buy them?
Example: I roll a Daishi Prime.
But I want to have a Daishi-A

Do I have to rip my other mechs apart and have a inventory of all parts or am I out of luck until I win a battle against someone fielding a Daishi-A.

2) How do I make changes to my mechs?
Example: I have a stock Thunderbolt. Personally I do not like a full ton of MG ammo. So in the boardgame I always either install a third MG and only 0,5 tons of ammo or I add 8 points of armor. I found no costs for this in the Chaos Campaign rules.
In Chaos Campaign V2.2 it is a  class C/D refit, costs Tonnage in SP and the mech cannot be used for one track/game.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
Re: Chaos Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2021, 12:48:20 »
Chaos Campaign: Succession Wars p30 answers 1.  It's a free product.  https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/279836/BattleTech-Chaos-Campaign-Succession-Wars

Chaos Campaign assumes canon 'mechs, there's no customization rules, they are beyond it's scope.  Campaign Operations (the current printing) has repair/customization rules that cover refitting/customization, but it's not Chaos Campaign specific.
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2021, 14:14:09 »
Do you mean the line:
Reconfigure OmniMech, OmniVehicle, or OmniFighter Tonnage/4 ?

That does not take into account that the weapons of a Daishi Prime and a Daishi-A are different.
In Total Chaos it is written on page 249 "Whenever a RAT results indicates an omni unit (including battle armor...) the controlling player can select any desired configuration available to the Jihad era."
So I understand it that if I choose a Daishi-Prime I have only the equipment of the Prime variant in my possession but not the equipment of the other variants.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • All your tulips belong to us.
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2021, 14:51:35 »
The Chaos Campaign does not get into individual components.  You can change a Prime to an A at that cost. 
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets, Combat Manual Lite series [Steiner, Liao, Marik, Calderon, Invading Clans, Comstar. Also Record Sheets for the CM: Kurita and CM: Mercs unique pilots]