Register Register

Author Topic: Mechs of the Aurigan Defense Force  (Read 322 times)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Mechs of the Aurigan Defense Force
« on: 02 September 2021, 17:35:19 »
   Uncle, recent events within the proto-nation known as the Aurigan Coalition have become worrying, as that state has begun to demonstrate technological development at an unprecedented rate, with no apparent explanation. While the spread of the Helm Core data around the successor states of late has led to worrying developments of its own, the Aurigans have managed to achieve developments that should be impossible for a periphery entity with their level of development. The creation of the Coromodir V workmech production facility in 3026 was the first sign something unusual was occurring. As you know the appearance of a new mech production facility is almost a unique event in modern times, even if the result is only the low rate production of industrial workmechs. Investigation into the site was hampered by the high system security Coromodir has maintained since the Aurigan Coalition's civil war several years ago, and access to the industrial sites on Coromodir V have been highly restricted. What was discovered about the mech factory site by the few agents were were able to insert indicated that the production equipment appeared salvaged and to have been moved to the site from elsewhere. As the site only produced RCL-1 Dig King mining industrial mechs for the Coalition's mining operations, the question of where the Coalition obtained this factory was given low priority for investigation. When the factory was expanded in 3027 and began to produce the armed Dig King RCL-1M variant, additional attention was warranted, but the events of the impending Steiner-Davion union distracted from further investigation, and it was believed that the Coalition had merely managed to salvage additional factory equipment.
   It was in 3028 that the Coalition revealed an extremely worrying advancement, a substantial leap in industrial ability with no apparent cause. The first indication was the production of a dedicated militiamech built on the frame of the Dig Kig and apparently able to sustain a high production output without impacting the production rate of Dig King workmechs. Investigation of the production site, through intensely high security, revealed new build factory equipment filling several new production lines, as well as one factory line producing a new design of primitive battlemech, with several new lines apparently beginning construction. This rapid development is very worrying, particularly given the lack of access to helm core data the Coalition has had. The new factory equipment and rapid pace of development suggests a possible outside source of both hardware and expertise with knowledge in excess of that currently possessed by the Successor States. As i am unaware of any Comstar program to aid the Coalition, the existence of such an entity is both  To this end i am requesting additional ROM assets to pursue the source of the Coalition's new technical capabilities, and if needed, to eliminate that source to ensure the future seen by the Blessed Blake comes to pass.

- Mu Adept Jessica Tiepolo, ROM field office Panzyr, Priority message to private server of Primus Julian Tiepolo, arrived 20th August 3029. Discovered unread in 3053 by Tau Acolyte Darcey Mac Giolla Fhaoláin.

The development of the Aurigan Defense Force in 3026, which unified the military might of the Aurigan Coalition in the wake of Kamea Arano's Restoration, came at a time of major economic revival for the Reach, as well as political unrest. The initial hardware and personnel was drawn from the Aurigan houses, following the Military reformation decree, which severely restricted the size of those house forces. Comprised primarily of Infantry and AFV's, the pride of the ADF was its Battlemech forces, particularly our own homegrown designs.
- Professor Tevfik Rao, The Arano Golden Age, Printed Rotorua University, 3075

Taiaha Militiamech TA-1HA
   The Taiaha is a home grown militiamech developed by the Raju Memorial Mechworks of Coromodir V. Using the base chassis and drive train the Dig King miningmech, the mechworks design team developed a fire support focused militia unit. all mining equipment was removed from the design, and replaced with Twin Long Range Missile five packs with 24 reloads mounted in the left Torso, a right arm mounted medium laser and small laser assembly, and four additional heat sinks to assist in managing the heat of its weaponry. A somewhat oversized hand actuator has been mounted on the left arm, while the right arm is a twin barrel weapon mount, seemingly mirrored from that used by the Dig King (MOD).
   The Taiaha has no official variant, however some have been seen at the Mechworks testing grounds mounted with SRM4 packs instead of the LRM racks, and are believed to have been used for weapons load out development. The Taiaha has been deployed extensively to the newly created Aurigan Defense Force created by Kamea Arano.

Code: [Select]
Mass: 35 tons
Chassis: Industrial Industrial Biped
Power Plant: 140 Fuel Cell
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: None
     Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Heavy Industrial
Armament:
     1 Small Laser
     1 Medium Laser
     2 LRM 5
Manufacturer: Unknown
     Primary Factory: Unknown
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3028
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-E-D
Cost: 1,585,811 C-bills

Type: Taiaha Militiamech
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Tonnage: 35
Battle Value: 552

Equipment                                          Mass
Internal Structure            Industrial              7
Engine                        140 Fuel Cell           6
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sink                     5                       4
Gyro                                                  2
Cockpit                                               3
Armor Factor (Heavy Industrial)96                      6

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Head                    3         7     
     Center Torso            11        12   
     Center Torso (rear)               3     
     R/L Torso               8         12   
     R/L Torso (rear)                  3     
     R/L Arm                 6         10   
     R/L Leg                 8         12   

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo              Location  Critical   Heat    Tonnage
LRM 5 Ammo (24)          LT        1        -       1.0   
2 LRM 5s                 LT        2        2       4.0   
Small Laser              RA        1        1       0.5   
Medium Laser             RA        1        3       1.0   
« Last Edit: 02 September 2021, 17:38:10 by glitterboy2098 »

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Mechs of the Aurigan Defense Force
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2021, 18:16:26 »

Hippokampos HPKP-1A

The Hippokampos is the Aurigan coalition's first home grown full battlemech design, and represents somewhat of a mystery. The deployment of the Hippokampos came after a very accelerated rate of industrial development in the reach, and represented a major leap in manufacturing. Exactly how the Reach gained the factory equipment or the plans which formed the basis for the Hippokampos are unknown, but it is speculated they were found at one or more of the star league era sites that litter the Reach, and adapted for use.
   The Hippokampos appears to have been based on the ancient GRF-1A Griffin, and still closely resembles that original design. Perhaps in response to the stability issues of the original design, the Primitive Jump Jets have been removed, and the resulting tonnage funneled into an increased weapons load. The primitive PPC has been upgraded to a newer Ceres Arms Smasher model imported from the Capellan Confederation, supplemented by a Short range Missile six pack with 15 reloads, and a pair of medium lasers. The use of Primitive technology restricts the mobility and durability of the final design, but the result remains a solid combatant.
   One variant of the Hippokampos exists, and in nearly equal numbers. Due to the supply of PPC's being less than the production rate of the mech, roughly 48% of all Hippokampos produced are the -1B model, replacing the PPC and SRM 6 pack with a locally produced class 5 autocannon and an SRM 4 pack, drawing the additional mass required through the removal of a single heat sink. while slightly less combat capable than the standard model, the resulting load-out is more heat efficient and cheaper to operate. It is believed that the design has been engineered to allow for standard -1A models to be easily refit to -1B specifications in the field should supplies of Particle Projection Cannons run low.

Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 290 Fusion
Armor: Primitive
Armament:
     1 PPC
     2 Medium Laser
     1 SRM 6
Introduction Year: 3030
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-X-X-F
Cost: 4,948,480 C-bills

Type: hippokampos
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 1,029

Internal Structure                                    6
Engine                        290 Fusion           17.5
Heat Sink                     11                      1
Gyro                                                  3
Primitive Cockpit                                     5
Armor Factor (Primitive)      139                    13

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Head                    3         7     
     Center Torso            20        22   
     Center Torso (rear)               4     
     R/L Torso               14        16   
     R/L Torso (rear)                  4     
     R/L Arm                 10        15   
     R/L Leg                 14        18   

Weapons
Medium Laser             RT        1        3       1.0   
SRM 6                    RT        2        4       3.0   
SRM 6 Ammo (15)          RT        1        -       1.0   
Medium Laser             LT        1        3       1.0   
PPC                      RA        3        10      7.0   

Hippokampos HPKP-1B

Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 290 Fusion
Armor: Primitive
Armament:
     2 Medium Laser
     1 AC/5
     1 SRM 4
Introduction Year: 3030
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-X-X-F
Cost: 4,812,480 C-bills

Type: hippokampos
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 951

Internal Structure                                    6
Engine                        290 Fusion           17.5
Heat Sink                     10                      0
Gyro                                                  3
Primitive Cockpit                                     5
Armor Factor (Primitive)      155                  14.5

Internal   Armor   
                          Structure  Value   
     Head                    3         9     
     Center Torso            20        22   
     Center Torso (rear)               6     
     R/L Torso               14        16   
     R/L Torso (rear)                  5     
     R/L Arm                 10        18   
     R/L Leg                 14        20   

Weapons
Medium Laser             RT        1        3       1.0   
SRM 4                    RT        1        3       2.0   
SRM 4 Ammo (25)          RT        1        -       1.0   
Medium Laser             LT        1        3       1.0   
AC/5 Ammo (20)           RA        1        -       1.0   
AC/5                     RA        4        1       8.0   

deathzealotzero

• Corporal
  • Mecha Guru
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2021, 14:13:24 »
Quite interesting designs. I also love the idea of the Raju Memorial Mechworks. Though I would have the Aurigan's first homegrown mech design be named the Mastiff after Raju this works a bit better in my opinion. I take it the equipment used for the new Mechworks are from either Castle Nautalius or taken from rebuilt Mech Factories on Abandoned Worlds in the Frontier that the player encounters a few times?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2021, 15:17:55 »
Quite interesting designs. I also love the idea of the Raju Memorial Mechworks. Though I would have the Aurigan's first homegrown mech design be named the Mastiff after Raju this works a bit better in my opinion. I take it the equipment used for the new Mechworks are from either Castle Nautalius or taken from rebuilt Mech Factories on Abandoned Worlds in the Frontier that the player encounters a few times?

i wanted to leave it vague.. that is certainly a strong option, and the one i'd use if you wanted to stay closer to canon. or if you are a fan of the whole wolverine thing you could go the route of secret aid (given the existence of the bullshark in the game after all it wouldn't be too weird)

i'd also considered the idea that they stumbled over some old RWR built base in the deeper periphery that had a factory dating the the periphery uprising, and they carted the tooling back for their own use.

deathzealotzero

• Corporal
  • Mecha Guru
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2021, 21:29:40 »
i wanted to leave it vague.. that is certainly a strong option, and the one i'd use if you wanted to stay closer to canon. or if you are a fan of the whole wolverine thing you could go the route of secret aid (given the existence of the bullshark in the game after all it wouldn't be too weird)

i'd also considered the idea that they stumbled over some old RWR built base in the deeper periphery that had a factory dating the the periphery uprising, and they carted the tooling back for their own use.
That is one way of doing it.

That said, I really want to actually try the Bullshark but I haven't gotten to the Flashpoints yet in my current Campaign, my attempt at a Career path hasn't gotten to that particular Flashpoint just yet. Got the Raven and the Hatchetman Flashpoints but not the Bullshark one just yet. Also as an aside the Raven Flashpoint is freaking hard as hell!