Register Register

Author Topic: Origins 2021  (Read 2328 times)

David D

• Recruit
Origins 2021
« on: 27 July 2021, 06:16:32 »
COVID-19 has reinforced what is missing in my life, and I want to play more Battletech. As I am driving down from Toronto, and I can not find CGL on the exhibitors list. Will you be at origins this year?  Thanks David

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Re: Origins 2021
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2021, 08:29:06 »
Anybody?
I have spoken.

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2021, 10:09:44 »
Hello,

CDT & CGL will have a small presence at Origins this year. There will be a small booth in the vendors hall & a small demo area for both Shadowrun & Battletech.

We are both a sponsor & vendor again this year so if that information is missing off a list somewhere that is Origin's mistake.

You will see our events listed when the event guide goes out to the public.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2021, 17:21:40 »
Am I reading the events list correctly in that the last Grinder events on Thursday, Friday & Saturday end at 6PM?

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2021, 16:02:27 »
Am I reading the events list correctly in that the last Grinder events on Thursday, Friday & Saturday end at 6PM?
You are reading that correctly. They are following Exhibitor Hall hours.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

garhkal

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2021, 00:29:11 »
Rats.  Was hoping to do some grinder events, on Sat at 7pm...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2021, 13:49:53 »
You are reading that correctly. They are following Exhibitor Hall hours.
So wait, are you saying that the Demo Team is going to be set up in the Exhibit Hall (Hall D) instead of the Gaming Halls (Halls B & C)?  Because that would mean there're no Grinders or other events possible on Thursday.  Per Origin's site (https://www.originsgamefair.com/show-schedule), the Exhibit Hall (D) isn't even open on Thursday.

It's a shame they're only following Exhibit hall hours, but it seems a bit weird if they're not going to be in the Exhibit Hall.  Maybe those of us going can plan on some "off-hours" games?

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2021, 16:05:44 »
Also, is there only 1 table of grinder running each session, or will there be multiple tables?  And do you recommend we go ahead & pre-purchase tickets for the grinders vs. relying on getting generic tickets?

Register