Register Register

Author Topic: Battletech at Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK  (Read 15736 times)

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: Battletech at Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
« Reply #90 on: 25 March 2021, 12:17:33 »
The next event I will host will be Thursday April 1 , 2021 at Game HQ. 6pm Start time.  6kbv2, 2 mechs, no more than 2 skill difference, Any era. More details can be found here  https://www.facebook.com/events/291802129101638
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #91 on: 12 April 2021, 10:05:31 »
The next event I will host will be Thursday April 15 , 2021 at Game HQ. 6pm Start time.  6kbv2, 2 mechs, no more than 2 skill difference, Any era. More details can be found here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1513040152317722/permalink/2932388917049498/
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #92 on: 16 April 2021, 17:49:03 »
We had another nice game night. We ran two tables with some old friends and new. The next scheduled game is April 29, 2021 at 6pm. I will post an 3vent on the coming days.

With my copy of Tukayyid in hand,  I will be looking at running some of those fights as demo events. I will see who wants to play as the Clans or Comguards. And make sure we have units painted. I am not going to be strict about correct galaxy as long as it is one of the Clan's paint schemes or camo, and official minis.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #93 on: 28 April 2021, 17:47:55 »
The next event I will host will be Thursday April 29 , 2021 at Game HQ. 6pm Start time.  6kbv2, 2 mechs, no more than 2 skill difference, Any era. More details can be found here

https://fb.me/e/23q4mBULE
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #94 on: 11 May 2021, 10:22:11 »
Next event is Thursday May 13, 2021 at 6pm CT, Game HQ OKC

Thursdays Event at Game HQ OKC

** Please read, there has been a small change to unit construction **

This event will be slightly different. You will still be allowed up to  6100 BV2 but you can have up to 3 unit. They may be mechs, conventional infantry, battle armor, ground vehicles, or vtol. No protomechs. You must have at least one mech but your other two units can be of the other types.
We will be playing an open 6kbv2 points game using Total Warfare (Classic) Rules.

The technology level will be mechs available from any era so people can try out new units or things they normally do not play. If you have any doubts about the battle value for any mechs or units feel free to ask in the comments or check masterunitlist.info.
The unit cost must include the skills. No more than a 2 skill difference between Gunnery and Piloting (driving or anti mech) (ie. G2 / P 4 etc). The one difference is if an infantry type cannot do anti mech attacks. Then the skill difference is waved. Total force point total up to 6100 bv2. The extra 100 points account for how bv balancing can work sometimes.

The plan is to start rolling dice at 6pm or sooner if people are ready. If you are running late let us know in the comments and can work you in when you arrive.
We have standardized our movement dice to the colors in Battlemech Manual and I have plenty to lend.
We will require masks at the table while playing and depending on player count we may split off into two tables.
I am not going to run this as an official event so there are no stipulations on miniatures.
If you have any other questions please let me know

https://fb.me/e/4kkvTJYbr
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #95 on: 26 May 2021, 16:23:35 »
I cancelled the Battletech event for Thursday May 27, 2021 at Game HQ in OKC. I also sent an email to Brian at Game HQ so they are aware.

We will resume our normal schedule Thursday June 10, 2021 at 6pm. I will post a FB event with details when we get closer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last week I hosted a game at Edmond Unplugged to help get their group kicked off. I will try to do so once a month or as time allows.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #96 on: 08 June 2021, 22:54:41 »
Our next game is Thursday June 10, 2021 at Game HQ.  6pm start time.

We will play the event mentioned but also discuss the upcoming mini campaign.

This event will be slightly different. You will still be allowed up to 6100 BV2 but you can have up to 3 unit. They may be mechs, conventional infantry, battle armor, ground vehicles, or vtol. No protomechs. You must have at least one mech but your other two units can be of the other types.
We will be playing an open 6kbv2 points game using Total Warfare (Classic) Rules.
The technology level will be mechs available from any era so people can try out new units or things they normally do not play. If you have any doubts about the battle value for any mechs or units feel free to ask in the comments or check masterunitlist.info.
The unit cost must include the skills. No more than a 2 skill difference between Gunnery and Piloting (driving or anti mech) (ie. G2 / P 4 etc). The one difference is if an infantry type cannot do anti mech attacks. Then the skill difference is waved. Total force point total up to 6100 bv2. The extra 100 points account for how bv balancing can work sometimes.
The plan is to start rolling dice at 6pm or sooner if people are ready. If you are running late let us know in the comments and can work you in when you arrive.
We have standardized our movement dice to the colors in Battlemech Manual and I have plenty to lend.
Demo Agent #715

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #97 on: 08 June 2021, 23:00:48 »
Oddball question from a rando. I've lived elsewhere for years now. Is this the same store that used to be, I think, further to the east of OKC? I think closer to the area that used to be Crossroads Mall? I last was in the area around 2004-5. Went between three shops, one near OU, one near Tinker, and what I think was HQ, but not sure.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #98 on: 08 June 2021, 23:05:12 »
Game HQ has been off 89th street in OKC since I started dropping by in the early 2000s. In 2015 they moved a mile east to 89th and Western. Wizards is still in Norman, but has moved to the west side of town into a much nicer shop. New World is in Del City sorta by Tinker. There was a shop of some sort in Cross Roads mall when I was really little but I am not sure what the name of it was. I grew up in Lawton / Ft. Sill but had family in OKC and later would come up a lot as I raced rc cars.
Demo Agent #715

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #99 on: 08 June 2021, 23:11:54 »
Maybe it's just spotty memory that it felt like it was on the E side of I-35. I met Savage Coyote/Ross there when he was going to OU.

And while the shop that was *in* Crossroads wasn't one of the three, I think I know that one. I was 12-13 and remember seeing it... on the second floor above the arcade. There was a copy of Battlespace and I got a copy of Battleforce there.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #100 on: 08 June 2021, 23:16:04 »
I remember looking at rc cars at that shop at Crossroads. And remember it being on the second floor.

If you met Ross there it was likely Game HQ at it's older location. That was a bit before my time. I would stop in and buy some mechs that I ended up doing nothing with in the early 2000s. Then I moved to OKC in 2007.
Demo Agent #715

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 08 June 2021, 23:20:21 »
I remember looking at rc cars at that shop at Crossroads. And remember it being on the second floor.

If you met Ross there it was likely Game HQ at it's older location. That was a bit before my time. I would stop in and buy some mechs that I ended up doing nothing with in the early 2000s. Then I moved to OKC in 2007.

It's funny. A lot of the original FLGS stores didn't have a strong enough business model to make changes or move. My first exposure to BT was in walking distance of my grandmothers in Pasadena. There was a shop on Colorado Blvd. where I got my copy of the 3rd ed.

edit: Might let the shop owner know there's still "Lorem Ipsum" test paragraphs in their store history section.
« Last Edit: 08 June 2021, 23:22:29 by Bedwyr »

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #102 on: 17 June 2021, 09:53:38 »
Maybe it's just spotty memory that it felt like it was on the E side of I-35. I met Savage Coyote/Ross there when he was going to OU.

And while the shop that was *in* Crossroads wasn't one of the three, I think I know that one. I was 12-13 and remember seeing it... on the second floor above the arcade. There was a copy of Battlespace and I got a copy of Battleforce there.

It was Games HQ, I know this b/c I found them when he left something there for me before he moved to DFW area.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #103 on: 21 June 2021, 22:14:30 »
We will kick off our Luzerne Campaign this Thursday June 24, 2021.

I will have a selection of units and minis to use. If there is something special you want let me know. Otherwise there will be plenty of units to use. I will be running this as an official demo event. If you do bring you own mini please make sure it is an IWM, Catalyst or RP Unseen. If you have any doubts shoot me a pm and I will be glad to help.

Smoke Jaguar players
Clan mechs and battle armor available up to 3059 to Smoke Jaguar. I have a star of omni mechs already in Smoke Jaguar colors.

Inner Sphere Coalition players:
Comguard, Davion and Kurita mechs and vehicles available up to 3059 from the master unit list. I have Comstar, Davion and Kurita units painted up.
The missions types will vary so having units of different sizes and speed would be useful.

Any requests for units I need to cut off by midnight Wednesday. This will be the first of multiple games and we will not use all the units every game. The scenario will be posted in the comments.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #104 on: 25 June 2021, 14:43:54 »
We had a great game last night with 14 players in attendance. Next time I will be prepared to split into two tables for for the mini campaign.

AAR

A quick AAR of the battle. 

At 11:00 bandit forces cowardly attacked the supply depot in the lowlands of Lawrence Pass. Multiple depots were destroyed, some resulting in secondary explosions of munitions. These explosions did not cause any further damage. The Fourth Provisional Garrison Cluster, lead by Star Colonel Jonathan Osis repelled the bandits with minimal losses. Any causalities were taken in service to the clan. Hunter-killer groups have been deployed to annihilate these dishonorable foes once and for all.

- excerpt from Smoke Jaguar Watch communications
Gateway, Lawrence Pass
Luzerne, Smoke Jaguar Occupation Zone
25 May 3059.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #105 on: 29 June 2021, 09:47:04 »
Wednesday night I will be playing a private game with a friend I haven't seen in almost a year, at Game HQ. I will have an extra map and terrain if people would like to setup another table and play. I have added an event on FB. It will not be a demo event but if people want to play on the other table I will be glad to help answer some questions.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2021, 13:44:33 by faithless »
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #106 on: 07 July 2021, 20:40:00 »
Thursday July 8th we will have game 2 of the Lurzene mini campaign. 6pm start time at Game HQ.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #107 on: 08 July 2021, 10:17:59 »
It is game day!
I have everything loaded up as I will likely be leaving straight from the office. I organized units based off what was still useable from last game and added a few. As I mentioned last night units will have damage and ammo consumption. The scenario is the CSJ are fighting a running battle chasing down the "bandits" that attacked the supply depots. Each side did not have time for major repairs or reloads. So, all units will start with some damage and less ammo. Some damage is carried over from the actual game play and others it is added to reflect the on going fighting. The terrain will be forest and hills.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #108 on: 09 July 2021, 09:57:27 »
Thank yall for another great game last night. We had 11 players and got in 7 turns. The IS forces putting a good beating on CSJ. The clan side lost two mechs early with an ammo explosion and ejection and. A headshot that hampered their efforts. Almost all mechs ended the night with internal structure damage.
The next game is July 22nd.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #109 on: 19 July 2021, 11:21:23 »
Gonna be a busy week this week.

Thursday July 22, 2021 is another installment of the Luzerne mini campaign at Game HQ. 6pm start time.

Saturday July 24, 2021 I will be running two 4 hour blocks of a Grinder demo event at Twisted Lords Con in Midwest City. First block begins at 10am and the second block ends at 6pm. There is an entry fee to the convention but not the Grinder event.

More info about the convention here. http://www.twistedlordscon.com/
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #110 on: 02 August 2021, 12:03:14 »
We had nice turnouts for the Thursday and Saturday events two weeks ago.

This week we have Game 4 of the Lurerne Campaign Thursday August 5.2021 night at Game HQ in OKC. 6pm start time.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #111 on: 03 August 2021, 11:12:36 »
Scenario for Thursday.

Cat and Mouse
SITUATION
Drake Woods, Old Mesa Commons
Luzerne, Smoke Jaguar Occupation Zone
6 July 3059
With several of their supply transports shot down and others scattered across the planet, many of the separated SLDF groups found themselves running low on  supplies right after landing. Not willing to just lay down and die for the Smoke Jaguars, they took it upon themselves to obtain supplies any way they could—even if it
meant ripping them from the defending Clan.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #112 on: 18 August 2021, 11:46:29 »
I will be out of town this Thursday, but Braedyn will be hosting a game. Bring 2 mechs and assume 3/4 pilots. The game will be played on the boxset maps. If you have some extra movement dice please bring them.

Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #113 on: 24 August 2021, 14:53:11 »
Game 5 of the Luzerne Campaign Thursday August 26, 2021 at Game HQ. Continuation of forces used last time. Shooting for the usual 6pm start time.

https://fb.me/e/4qArIiBev
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #114 on: 27 August 2021, 19:47:33 »
We had a nice game last night with some close fighting and carnage.
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #115 on: 02 September 2021, 17:36:19 »
Saturday Sept 4, 2021 some of us are getting together for a small mech swap at Game HQ. Trading is allowed, but no selling out of respect for GHQ and their store policies.  There should at least be a few of us and be there for a little bit hanging out.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2021, 20:06:34 by faithless »
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #116 on: 10 September 2021, 12:57:40 »
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2021 AT 1 PM CDT – 6 PM CDT
Luzerne Campaign Game 6 @ Game HQ . Working on having more minis painted in smoke jaguar colors for this game.

Units will carry over from previous events.

More details can be found here. https://fb.me/e/1toOU3bsX
Demo Agent #715

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #117 on: 29 September 2021, 11:18:19 »
We will be hosting a Battletech Grinder at Game HQ during their Extralife Event.
Battletech Grinder at Game HQ's Extralife Event Saturday November 6, 2021 Start time 12pm and end time 6pm CT

Battletech Grinder is a progressive free-for-all Battlemech combat, designed to transition players from the introductory scenario to the full scope and technology of the Battletech Total Warfare Core rule set.
Players begin with a light Battlemech, equipped with the most basic weapons. When that unit is destroyed in combat, the player re-enter the Grinder with a more powerful Battlemech equipped with more advanced weapons and new equipment This continues until the player commands the most advanced and deadly units in the game. Players can play as long as they wish, leave, and return during the scheduled event listing if they wish due to the continuous nature of the Grinder. Grinder can accommodate from 2 to 10 players in the space we have at Game HQ.
All materials are provided.
In addition for Extralife, we will be giving every player 1 point of edge to use for a re-roll. If you make donations to Extralife you can get more.
Demo Agent #715