Register Register

Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 105933 times)

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
  • Incoming fire has the right of way.
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #1320 on: 23 April 2022, 11:29:38 »
Just a heads up I have a table reserved at Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn on Sunday, May 29th at noon to play on the 3d printed board for Alpha Strike. Even if you are not interested in AS, there may be time to try and do a classic game too depending on how many players turn up.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1321 on: 23 April 2022, 11:51:16 »
I'll keep in mind, as unlikely as it is I'll be able to make it...

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1322 on: 23 April 2022, 12:00:47 »
I'll keep in mind, as unlikely as it is I'll be able to make it...

I tried for Saturday but it looks like they were all booked up. Figured Sunday would work-ish since some people may have Monday off.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1323 on: 23 April 2022, 12:23:37 »
I suspect my wife will have plans for the long weekend...

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1324 on: 02 May 2022, 14:10:43 »
If you are looking to play Alpha Strike on May 29th. There will also (I think) be a campaign game going on at Huzzah the same night. The rules for the Alpha Strike game are as follows:

If you are interested in playing the Alpha Strike game the rules are:
Scenario:
Capture the Flag

Forces:
150 PV Inner Sphere up to 3049 in full lances
No SPA
No Formation SA
Max Skill 2

Special Rules:
Flag Capture rules pg. 129 of Alpha Strike Commander’s Edition
Hexhog terrain house rules (Will be provided)

Victory Conditions:
Capture the flag rules pg. 129 Alpha Strike Commander’s Edition

I will also have a few premade lances done up.
Proxies are allowed if you want to use your own minis.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1325 on: 06 August 2022, 13:38:24 »
I will be running a game on Saturday August 27th at Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn, VA.  Start time will be 1 PM

Wolves at the Gates

The year is 3148 and the Wolf Empire has started its push towards Terra.  But to do so, they must defeat the hyperspace barrier the Republic of the Sphere has put up called "The Wall".  The Wolves have located a facility where a barrier generator is housed and are looking to capture or destroy it.

Come join in the fight that will determine if the Wolf Empire can establish a foothold in their conquest of humanity's cradle or if the Republic can repel these invaders.  Classic Battletech rules will be used along with some advanced rules from Tactical Operations and Interstellar Operations.  All materials will be provided.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1326 on: 06 August 2022, 13:56:02 »
Not sure if I can make that one, but I'll let you know!  :thumbsup:

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1327 on: 22 September 2022, 08:07:09 »
Alpha Strike Learn-to-Play Event 08 October 2022 @ Huzzah Hobbies starts at 12pm
Scenario:
Learn to play Alpha Strike in a grinder style event. You start with a random light mech and every time your mech is disabled you come back in with a heavier mech. Players of all skill levels are welcome to play in this casual game! Alpha Strike cards, dice and miniatures will be provided or bring your own!
The game will be a drop-in/drop-out Solaris-style Free for All match where players are welcome to come and go as they please with no board resets and no play stoppage.

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1328 on: 03 October 2022, 13:34:47 »
I looked up the Victory Comics page and didn't see anything about BattleTech on the calendar. Is there still some good old stompy robot action happening there?

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1329 on: 03 October 2022, 13:49:14 »
I looked up the Victory Comics page and didn't see anything about BattleTech on the calendar. Is there still some good old stompy robot action happening there?

Victory Comics isn't a good place for miniature gaming.  Parking is normally inconvenient at best and the space the have for any sort of miniature gaming is very cramped.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1330 on: 21 October 2022, 07:50:26 »
Alpha Strike Learn-to-Play Event 07 January 2023 @ Victory Comics in Falls Church

Learn to play Alpha Strike in a grinder style event. You start with a random light mech and every time your mech is disabled you come back in with a heavier mech. Players of all skill levels are welcome to play in this casual game! Alpha Strike cards, dice and miniatures will be provided! If you purchase a blind box the day of the event you can use that battlemech and Alpha Strike card!
The game will be a drop-in/drop-out free-for-all match where players are welcome to come and go as they please with no board resets and no play stoppage.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2022, 11:12:48 by DanghenWoolf »

DanghenWoolf

• Corporal
« Reply #1331 on: 03 November 2022, 11:13:49 »
Huzzah was booked for January with Warhammer events so I am shifting to Victory Comics. They said they have space so I will give it a go. Looking to do another game at Huzzah in Feb.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1332 on: 12 November 2022, 14:44:59 »
Hey there.  Just recently moved to Falls Church, might have to try and meet up with y'all some time.  Never played any Alpha Strike, but I'm down to learn.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1333 on: 12 November 2022, 18:01:54 »
Fantastic!  I'm just up the road in Arlington...  :thumbsup:

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1334 on: 25 November 2022, 23:24:05 »
Hey there.  Just recently moved to Falls Church, might have to try and meet up with y'all some time.  Never played any Alpha Strike, but I'm down to learn.

I'm available on the 3rd of December if you wanna get a couple games in.

Register